FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » General Chit Chat » Modifying Post Count
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Modifying Post Count [message #1311] Thu, 04 April 2002 23:27 Go to next message
BugLaden is currently offline  BugLaden   United States
Is there a way to modify a user's post count? I brought my users over from another forum, and would like them to retain their post counts.

I tried to simply modify the table, but as soon as I upgraded, the post counts were put back to normal.

Thanks!

-=BugLaden
Re: Modifying Post Count [message #1312 is a reply to message #1311] Thu, 04 April 2002 23:41 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
BugLaden wrote on Thu, 04 April 2002 6:27 PM

Is there a way to modify a user's post count? I brought my users over from another forum, and would like them to retain their post counts.

I tried to simply modify the table, but as soon as I upgraded, the post counts were put back to normal.

Thanks!

The consistency checker will always restore the post counts to their actual #s when it is run. You have several alternatives at your finger tips for this problem.

1st you can write an importer to import old messages into FUDforum you're running this not only retain the user post counts but the old messages as well.

2nd you can create a VERY simple script that you can add to the end of consistency checker that will add post counts to users of your old forum. This can be done in about 5 lines of PHP code.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Dunno where to post this
Next Topic: Hosting for FUDforum
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Jul 26 23:24:26 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04414 seconds