FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Polls enabled, no "create poll" link on post form
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  Polls enabled, no "create poll" link on post form [message #1524] Thu, 18 April 2002 03:27 Go to next message
dria   Canada
I've only been using this system for a few hours, so maybe I've just missed something...

When I create a new forum with "Allow Poll" set to "Yes", no "[CREATE POLL]" link appears in the post form. Is there another admin option related to Poll that has to be set?

Re: Polls enabled, no "create poll" link on post form [message #1527 is a reply to message #1524] Thu, 18 April 2002 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
dria wrote on Wed, 17 April 2002 11:27 PM

I've only been using this system for a few hours, so maybe I've just missed something...

When I create a new forum with "Allow Poll" set to "Yes", no "[CREATE POLL]" link appears in the post form. Is there another admin option related to Poll that has to be set?

That is the only option that governs polls. If you try to edit the said forum, is the Allow Polls option still set to yes. Also, if you re-submit the form and leave the option at yes, does the [create poll] link appear on the post form?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Polls enabled, no "create poll" link on post form [message #1534 is a reply to message #1527] Thu, 18 April 2002 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dria   Canada
prottoss wrote on Thu, 18 April 2002 2:13 AM

If you try to edit the said forum, is the Allow Polls option still set to yes.

Yes...every forum has Allow Poll set to Yes.

Quote:

Also, if you re-submit the form and leave the option at yes, does the [create poll] link appear on the post form?

No...the poll link doesn't appear after resubmitting. :/

I'll poke around with it a bit more...
Re: Polls enabled, no "create poll" link on post form [message #1536 is a reply to message #1534] Thu, 18 April 2002 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dria   Canada
Hm...even if I set "Allow Polls" to "No", when I go to edit the forum, the option says it's set to "Yes".

Looking at the fud_forum table, this is what I find:

mysql> select id, name, allow_polls from fud_forum;
+----+------------------+-------------+
| id | name | allow_polls |
| 1 | TestForum | Y |
| 2 | Test Forum One | |
| 3 | test forum two | |
| 4 | test forum three | |
| 5 | test 3 forum 1 | |
| 6 | Another Forum | |
| 7 | | |
| 8 | New Test Forum | Y |
8 rows in set (0.00 sec)

It appears that this table isn't being updated properly for some reason, because every forum here has "Allow Poll" set to "Yes" in the edit form.
Re: Polls enabled, no "create poll" link on post form [message #1543 is a reply to message #1536] Thu, 18 April 2002 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
That indeed was a bug with admforum.php form. It incorrectly retrieved the values for the select.

A fixed version of the file is attached to this message.
  • Attachment: admforum.php
    (Size: 9.23KB, Downloaded 726 times)

FUDforum Core Developer
icon14.gif  Re: Polls enabled, no "create poll" link on post form [message #1568 is a reply to message #1543] Thu, 18 April 2002 23:04 Go to previous message
dria   Canada
Excellent...thanks so much, that did the trick.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: can't run install.php
Next Topic: Problems posting after Server Reload
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Jul 26 23:40:32 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03757 seconds