FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » minor glitches in RC2
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
minor glitches in RC2 [message #1777] Mon, 22 April 2002 21:50 Go to next message
Olliver   Germany
Hi everyone,
at least I took my time to install the forum, this time on a server *without* safe mode Smile. Things went relatively smooth but there are some things which might be improved.

After having finished the installation, I was welcomed with a bunch of lovely warnings complaining about a backslash. I looked into the globals.php and noticed the mess: Some variables defined started with a backslash, so there were some things to be removed in jEdit Wink. System is running Linux with apache 1.3.19 and PHP 4.06 the Sql version is a bit older but none of the flaky builds I think. So I'm not too sure whether it's an issue with the installer or with the server's setting.

Next: In the control panel, where the generic stuff is set the field "posts per page" is appearing twice, so I dunno what would happen if both have different values Wink

And finally: At the forum's statistics I get this error message where the number of threads is shown:
Quote:

Warning: Division by zero in /home/ken/www/forum/adm/admstats.php on line 273

I think it's because there aren't neither posts nor categories yet as I ve just set it up.
Yep and finally there are some things I know I had translated which are appearing in English again. But since I have to translate some new things anyway It's not that bad.
But the compiler is awesome. Just right after submitting it was already finished. Great job Very Happy
K, if I find some more I'll post it
bye Ken
Re: minor glitches in RC2 [message #1778 is a reply to message #1777] Mon, 22 April 2002 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I'll get cracking on the bugs, thanks for the reports.

I've changed the english text of some messages since your initial translation, so I took the liberty to trash the old translation of the strings. That "could" be the reason for the problem...

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: minor glitches in RC2 [message #1779 is a reply to message #1777] Mon, 22 April 2002 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
There we go again Wink
The stats' range to be selected looks a bit strange as it goes from 12/31/1969 - 12/31/1969. There's nothing else u could select from the drop-down menu. I don't think that this is an issue with the server.
The filemanager also behaves strange: Looking at the files it says they would all belong to root and the rights are shown as 0000 or d000 if it's a directory. If I try to change the mode an error will appear. Is a bit strange to me since the forum is fully working and changes made on the control panel are applied with no problem. even if I set the mode with my ftp client to 666 it will be shown as 0000.
bye Ken
Re: minor glitches in RC2 [message #1780 is a reply to message #1778] Mon, 22 April 2002 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The division by 0 bug and the dupe entry on admglobals page have been resolved.

The install problem with \$ will be fixed once I integrate the regex free GLOBALS.php parser into it, the php's regex seems REALLY flaky on older versions. Especially on systems with international settings Sad

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: minor glitches in RC2 [message #1781 is a reply to message #1779] Mon, 22 April 2002 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Ken Kizaki wrote on Mon, 22 April 2002 6:02 PM

The stats' range to be selected looks a bit strange as it goes from 12/31/1969 - 12/31/1969. There's nothing else u could select from the drop-down menu.

Those dates are there because your forum has no messages. The default date values are determined from 1st post to last post. Since you have no messages the value is 0, and 0 resolves to 12/31/1969.

The filemanager does appear to be acting up, I'll see if I can replicate the issues you're seeing.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: minor glitches in RC2 [message #1782 is a reply to message #1780] Mon, 22 April 2002 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
Nevermind with the regexp. It also has been bugging me with some scripts I wrote. So lets hope php4.2.0 will fix it all. Smile
bye
Ken
edit: In case u cannot reproduce the filemanager problem I could PM the url to the forum to u (or the output of phpinfo()) just tell me what u prefer Wink

[Updated on: Mon, 22 April 2002 22:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: minor glitches in RC2 [message #1783 is a reply to message #1782] Mon, 22 April 2002 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Ken, I cannot replicate the bug you're seeing with the file manager. Could you show me the output of the phpinfo() function please.

Also, if you can try the following test script on your system, see what information you get and paste its output to me.

<?php
echo '<pre>';

$file_name = "FULL_PATH_TO_ANY_FILE";
$st = stat($file_name);
$group = posix_getgrgid($st['gid']);
$user = posix_getpwuid($st['uid']);
$user_name = $group['name'];
$group_name = $user['name'];

print_r($st);

echo "User Name: $user_name\n";
echo "Group Name: $group_name\n";

echo '</pre>';
?>

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: minor glitches in RC2 [message #1784 is a reply to message #1783] Mon, 22 April 2002 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
Ok, I'll pm u the phpinfo() output then. Just one question. Ur script needs the path to an existing file, if i got it right?
Ken

--edit---
Stats are working now that I posted a message Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 22 April 2002 22:27]

Re: minor glitches in RC2 [message #1785 is a reply to message #1784] Mon, 22 April 2002 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Yeah, the file must exist, or script will fail.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: minor glitches in RC2 [message #1819 is a reply to message #1785] Tue, 23 April 2002 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
Hi,
The fix for the filemanager is working fine, now I can finally see the correct group, user and rights set. Thnx a lot Smile
ken

--edit--
found a small bug with setting the forum's title:
I chose to call my forum:
Ken's Testforum

however it actually shows up as
Ken\'s Testforum

I think most ppl would appreciate if it would appear without backslash in this case Smile
--edit--

[Updated on: Tue, 23 April 2002 12:45]

Re: minor glitches in RC2 [message #1822 is a reply to message #1819] Tue, 23 April 2002 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
Hello,
yet another one Wink. If someone is cancelling the "Rebuild Seach Index" dialog ("Do u really want to proceed...") the following message will appear:
Quote:

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ken/www/forum/adm/admpanel.php:3) in /home/ken/www/forum/adm/indexdb.php on line 32

--edit--
Interesting, the "Compact Messages" dialog suffers from the same disease once it's being cancelled Wink
Quote:

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ken/www/forum/adm/admpanel.php:3) in /home/ken/www/forum/adm/compact.php on line 68

looks like I should load admpanel.php into my editor to see what's going on there
bye Ken

[Updated on: Tue, 23 April 2002 15:36]

Re: minor glitches in RC2 [message #1823 is a reply to message #1822] Tue, 23 April 2002 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
Ok I found the reason why its not working

include('admpanel.php');
if( !empty($HTTP_POST_VARS['cancel']) ) {
header("Location: admglobal.php?".$_RSID);
exit;
}

It should be

if( !empty($HTTP_POST_VARS['cancel']) ) {
header("Location: admglobal.php?".$_RSID);
exit;
}
else {
include('admpanel.php');
}

in order to make sure it will work even if the process is cancelled.
The consist.php is also affected by this problem
bye
Ken
Re: minor glitches in RC2 [message #1830 is a reply to message #1822] Tue, 23 April 2002 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Ken Kizaki wrote on Tue, 23 April 2002 11:31 AM

Hello,
yet another one Wink. If someone is cancelling the "Rebuild Seach Index" dialog ("Do u really want to proceed...") the following message will appear:
Quote:

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ken/www/forum/adm/admpanel.php:3) in /home/ken/www/forum/adm/indexdb.php on line 32

--edit--
Interesting, the "Compact Messages" dialog suffers from the same disease once it's being cancelled Wink
Quote:

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ken/www/forum/adm/admpanel.php:3) in /home/ken/www/forum/adm/compact.php on line 68

looks like I should load admpanel.php into my editor to see what's going on there
bye Ken

Fixed in CVS.

Affected files: compact.php, consist.php, indexdb.php

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: minor glitches in RC2 [message #1831 is a reply to message #1819] Tue, 23 April 2002 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Ken Kizaki wrote on Tue, 23 April 2002 8:30 AM

Hi,
The fix for the filemanager is working fine, now I can finally see the correct group, user and rights set. Thnx a lot Smile
ken

--edit--
found a small bug with setting the forum's title:
I chose to call my forum:
Ken's Testforum

however it actually shows up as
Ken\'s Testforum

I think most ppl would appreciate if it would appear without backslash in this case Smile
--edit--

Fixed in CVS. Affected file admglobal.php

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: minor glitches in RC2 [message #1832 is a reply to message #1830] Tue, 23 April 2002 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   United States
Hi,
once again another one Smile. When resetting a user's password the e-mail sent contains a blank space instead of the url. Seems like the {var: URL} is somewhat empty. I will check the other generated messages to see whether it's always empty or only in this case.
Registration confirmation, however, is working as expected.
bye
Ken
Re: minor glitches in RC2 [message #1835 is a reply to message #1832] Tue, 23 April 2002 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Ken Kizaki wrote on Tue, 23 April 2002 12:40 PM

Hi,
once again another one Smile. When resetting a user's password the e-mail sent contains a blank space instead of the url. Seems like the {var: URL} is somewhat empty. I will check the other generated messages to see whether it's always empty or only in this case.
Registration confirmation, however, is working as expected.
bye
Ken

I introduced that bug in RC-2

Modify the msg file and change {VAR: URL} to {VAR: url}

that will fix the bug. I've already fixed this in CVS.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: minor glitches in RC2 [message #1848 is a reply to message #1835] Tue, 23 April 2002 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
And the spam feast continues Grin

Looking at the referrals list I noticed that the user's name isn't shown up. maybe the {VAR: r_login} has no assigned value?

Other than that I'm happy to announce that finally the German translation is complete again (hopefully without any embarrassing typos in it) Wink so there it is.

Bye
Ken
  • Attachment: de_msg.bz2
    (Size: 14.44KB, Downloaded 915 times)
Re: minor glitches in RC2 [message #1849 is a reply to message #1848] Tue, 23 April 2002 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
ken, thank you very much for the update, I've already commited it to CVS.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: minor glitches in RC2 [message #1866 is a reply to message #1849] Tue, 23 April 2002 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
spamming galore today Grin
I applied the latest update from CVS. Now I got the problem that when I want to compile or rebuild templates I get this neat little message:
Quote:

Query Failed: SELECT * FROM ses WHERE ses_id='9adcfa92955cf0c7665901aadd887903'
Reason: Table 'db_ken.ses' doesn't exist
Server Version: 3.23.37-log

Hm, seems to be a deja vu experience Wink
--edit---
simply selecting the language will also do to trigger the error
bye Ken

[Updated on: Tue, 23 April 2002 22:53]

Re: minor glitches in RC2 [message #1868 is a reply to message #1866] Tue, 23 April 2002 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Ken, did you fix your GLOBALS.php, which got broken by the bug in admglobals?

You needed to put values for all the screwed up variables, once of which was MYSQL_TABLE_PREFIX, without it having a valid value forum won't work.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: minor glitches in RC2 [message #1869 is a reply to message #1868] Tue, 23 April 2002 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
I thought so. however it seems to me quite suspicious that right now after I replaced the files the whole forum doesn't seem to work anymore. So I better take a look again, maybe there are still some odd things remaining Wink
Will tell u in a few minutes then
bye
Ken
Re: minor glitches in RC2 [message #1871 is a reply to message #1869] Tue, 23 April 2002 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You probably ran the compiler, when it ran it read the settings from the new screwed up GLOBALS.php loosing the SQL table prefix.

So ALL the files now would have the wrong SQL table names.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: minor glitches in RC2 [message #1872 is a reply to message #1869] Tue, 23 April 2002 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
Hm the table prefix is empty in the GLOBALS.php. since it hasn't been empty by the start it seems clear why it cannot find any entries in the SQL database. Ok, sorry for this unnecessary report Embarassed
--edit--
just read ur new message. yep I confirm, because I overlooked the empty prefix I screwed it all up myself. very embarrassing Embarassed
So time for a fresh install again. Wink
bye
Ken

[Updated on: Tue, 23 April 2002 23:20]

Re: minor glitches in RC2 [message #1938 is a reply to message #1777] Thu, 25 April 2002 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I've put in the new GLOBALS.php editor inside the install script, which eliminates the use for regex.

Hopefuly this will solve the \$ problem on 4.04pl1 and possibly earlier installs....

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: minor glitches in RC2 [message #1947 is a reply to message #1938] Thu, 25 April 2002 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
Great. Unfortunately I cannot test it because the guy who owns the server screwed it up yesterday while attempting to remove mod_ssl. Don't know when he will fix it again Confused And with 4.06 and above I ve never encounterred such problems.
nevermind
Ken
Re: minor glitches in RC2 [message #1948 is a reply to message #1947] Thu, 25 April 2002 23:25 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Ken Kizaki wrote on Thu, 25 April 2002 7:24 PM

Great. Unfortunately I cannot test it because the guy who owns the server screwed it up yesterday while attempting to remove mod_ssl. Don't know when he will fix it again Confused And with 4.06 and above I ve never encounterred such problems.
nevermind
Ken

Ouch...

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: User/Group Management
Next Topic: bug in spylog feature
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 00:26:57 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03075 seconds