FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » Test Forum » way to.....  () 1 Vote
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
way to..... [message #1998] Sat, 27 April 2002 00:30 Go to next message
Anonymous   United States
blatently rip off phpBB 2.0.0
Re: way to..... [message #2002 is a reply to message #1998] Sat, 27 April 2002 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
HAHAHAHAHAHAAA

That is the nbest joke I've heard today.

If anything phpBB 2.0 is FAR behind this forum in both features, functionality & speed. This is despite the much smaller development time. phpBB 2.0 source is a lesson is what NOT to do when writing code, ripping it off would be brain dead.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: way to..... [message #2010 is a reply to message #2002] Sat, 27 April 2002 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
Interesting though why ppl switched to this forum. Because pbpBB is so incredibly crappy, even the 2.x series hasn't changed very much (except that it looks a bit nicer). It's exactly the other way round. Because FUD isn't as lousy as phpBB ppl are using it. Maybe anonymous folks should try out administration of either forums before spamming with troll posts. Just looking at the user side isn't enough for judging.

just my 2 cents
Ken
Re: way to..... [message #2018 is a reply to message #2010] Sat, 27 April 2002 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
I ve installed phpBB2 some hours ago just to have a comparison with Fud2. They have some rudimentary group management the average windows folks will be able to handle Wink. But there's one problem: It doesn't work as expected. Just create a group and try adding an average user. does not work because it will claim that the group does not exist. Also u cannot customize any email messages that will go out. U cannot even chose the connection method to the database (pconnect, connect). After writing a topic u have to click through a dialog which wouldn't simply let u back to the forum u were in. But the greatest lack: No way to ignore a user or to report inappropriate messages, be it in PMs or just in terms of filtering their posts. I suspect the only reason ppl are using it is that it gets listed as top search result in Google for the term "Bulletin Boards" Wink.
bye Ken
Re: way to..... [message #2022 is a reply to message #2018] Sat, 27 April 2002 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Actually unlike just about bulletin board, phpBB2 DOES NOT support file attachments unless a patch is applied.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: way to..... [message #2075 is a reply to message #1998] Mon, 29 April 2002 18:25 Go to previous message
hackie is currently offline  hackie   Canada
Core Developer

I think you people forgot

"It took 2 seconds to generate this page" problem of phpBB.

cc intelligence.c -o intelligence
$ ./intelligence
Segmentation fault
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: This is just a test
Next Topic: Spoiler TEST
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 00:34:21 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02569 seconds