FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Moved Thread Pointer Expiry does not work
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Moved Thread Pointer Expiry does not work [message #2009] Sat, 27 April 2002 12:22 Go to next message
Olliver   Germany
Hello,
there's an issue with the current 1.2.8 RC1 code. I originally set the forum at rokop-security to have move pointer expire after three days. Meanwhile a week after, the pointer is still there and doesn't bother to go away. Here it seems to work though, so maybe it's an issue with safe mode (the hoster is using)?
bye
Ken
Re: Moved Thread Pointer Expiry does not work [message #2014 is a reply to message #2009] Sat, 27 April 2002 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Actually, the "pointer" will go away when a new thread is posted in the forum. Part of the process will clear out any old pointers.

If that does not resolve the problem, let me know I'll treat it is a bug.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Moved Thread Pointer Expiry does not work [message #2016 is a reply to message #2014] Sat, 27 April 2002 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
Hi,
ur proposal worked. by the time I created a new thread the pointer was gone for good. So it's rather a feature than a bug this time Wink
bye
Ken
Re: Moved Thread Pointer Expiry does not work [message #2017 is a reply to message #2016] Sat, 27 April 2002 16:54 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Yeah to avoid running "expensive" query everytime we "cheated" and did it on reasonably frequent event...

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Category/Forum bug in 1.2.8-RC1 (cvs)
Next Topic: Posting takes a long time (or is it hanging?)
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Jul 26 23:42:11 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02470 seconds