FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » bug when cookie is missing
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
bug when cookie is missing [message #1997] Sat, 27 April 2002 00:15 Go to next message
Olliver   Germany
Hello,
this one seems to be rather esoteric, but can easily happen if u use an adfilterring software, which has cookieblocking capabilities as well Wink. Steps to reproduce:

-At first u normally login to ur profilepage.
-now delete the forum's cookies. (or alternatively turn on ur blocking software Wink)
-next select subscriptions and then:
u will witness the following encounter:
Quote:

Query Failed: INSERT INTO fud2_ses (ses_id,time_sec,data,sys_id,user_id) VALUES('0b05a221664eb36dd0c30d6803f9b27f',1019865616,'$this->data = array('err_id'=>'beecd7cf2dccb1eb63ecfcdcab249900','er_msg'=>'Du bist nicht angemeldet, bitte hole das jetzt nach<br><br>Falls Du Dich registrieren willst, gehe bitte zum <a href="register.php?S=ea5d8ab984ed2e85bee2ce0409e0d4dd">Registr ierungsformular</a><br>Falls Du Dich anmelden willst, gehe bitte zum <a href="login.php?S=ea5d8ab984ed2e85bee2ce0409e0d4dd">Anmeldefor mular</a>','err_t'=>'FEHLER: Du bist nicht angemeldet','ret_to'=>'P1M9ZWE1ZDhhYjk4NGVkMmU4NWJlZTJjZTA0MDllMGQ0ZGQ=' );', '2c823779d3c3080aae3e27099779dff7',2000000004)
Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'err_id'=>'beecd7cf2dccb1eb63ecfcdcab249900','er_msg'=>'Du bist nicht angemeldet,' at line 1
From: /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/kunden/web180/html/forum/subscribed.php
Server Version: 3.23.37-log

The behaviour after a failed authentification should be "u re not logged in". Works with any other link shown in the profile
bye Ken
Re: bug when cookie is missing [message #2001 is a reply to message #1997] Sat, 27 April 2002 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Ken can you please verify you are using LATEST cookies.inc.t and just to be sure recompile the forum.

The problem you are seeing is actually the result of a bug that was fixed sometime today.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: bug when cookie is missing [message #2006 is a reply to message #2001] Sat, 27 April 2002 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
Hi Prottoss,
I do re-install the forum from the scratch each time I ve made a cvs check-in. Just to be sure I can catch some bugs with the installer, too. The code was definetly a recent one.
Ken
Re: bug when cookie is missing [message #2007 is a reply to message #2006] Sat, 27 April 2002 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
I used the code from around an hour ago for a reinstall but the problem still persists. New way of reproducing it:
U need two different browsers. Log in regularly with one. Then minimize the window and start ur second browser. Also log in. Now after a while return to the minimized window and hit just one of the menu items in ur profile -> error appears both on mozilla and in IE, depending which one was idle.
The avatar issue has been improved. The only thing not working is that right after uploading the avatar in the user's profile it won't show up there if u hit preview. If a user deletes the avatar and uploads a new one, there's no approval message generated for the administrator. Hence the user never ever will have a new avatar. It only shows up in the user's profile. The Java Script complaint of MSIE6.0 is there again, now I can easily reproduce it each time I refresh the register.php. Error message says in line 111 a ')' would be expected. Interesting is, that I'm not able to view the page source either. To me it turns out that it seems to be an IE issue, so maybe closer investigation is required.
---edit---
The avatar issue with no generated approval message seems to depend on whether u re logged in with two different browsers or not.
Ken

[Updated on: Sat, 27 April 2002 11:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: bug when cookie is missing [message #2008 is a reply to message #2007] Sat, 27 April 2002 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
And to make the chaos complete: It also exists this variation: U choose a new avatar and hit preview. then u cannot view it (see above) After submitting the changes the admin message is generated. Avatar is approved and the user gets the message. but looking at the existing messages actually reveals that there's still no avatar. it only shows up in the profile. the described phenomenon is happening with Mozilla. If I change my own avatar as administrator then it shows up in the generated message saying it would have been approved by the administrator but still not in any message I post.
really confusing Sad
bye
Ken
Re: bug when cookie is missing [message #2019 is a reply to message #2008] Sat, 27 April 2002 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
This is really interesting:
When I'm not logged in as a user, I suddenly can see my avatar I chose. But by the time I log in it will disappear again. Any idea?
bye
Ken
Re: bug when cookie is missing [message #2020 is a reply to message #2019] Sat, 27 April 2002 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Its a bug Ken, I am working on it now.

I'll post fixes once I make'em Smile

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: bug when cookie is missing [message #2023 is a reply to message #2020] Sat, 27 April 2002 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Okie finally managed to fix some of the bugs you've mentioned:

1) Cookie bug fixed (affected file cookies.inc.t)
2) Avatar upload bug fixed (affected file post_proc.inc.t)

Still working on the JavaScript issue on IE...

P.S. I recommend you do a complete re-install since a rather major change was done in the forum. The result of the change is that user's homepage url & bio are no longer stored in a file but rather in MySQL.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: bug when cookie is missing [message #2024 is a reply to message #2023] Sat, 27 April 2002 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
Hi,
this is good news. Ok, time to reinstall the forum Wink
Ken
Re: bug when cookie is missing [message #2025 is a reply to message #2024] Sat, 27 April 2002 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
Ok, we're slowly approaching the solution. The avatar immediately showed up in the preview but right after submitting changes I got this one:
Quote:

Warning: Unable to open '/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/kunden/web180/hidden/tmp//usr/local/httpd/htdocs/k unden/web180/hidden/tmp//262560RZnc5' for reading: No such file or directory in /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/kunden/web180/html/forum/register.php on line 2529

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/kunden/web180/html/forum/register.php:2529) in /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/kunden/web180/html/forum/register.php on line 2024

Mind the paths, they look really interesting Smile I'll spam this thread as soon I find some more
bye Ken
Re: bug when cookie is missing [message #2026 is a reply to message #2025] Sun, 28 April 2002 00:03 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Fixed in CVS.

Affected files (tmp_view.php.t, post_proc.inc.t)

Please note that at point file upload appears to be broken Sad

Debuging it now...

Update: file upload is working it was a local bug...

FUDforum Core Developer

[Updated on: Sun, 28 April 2002 00:39]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Major problem
Next Topic: bug: missing links in msg templates
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 00:57:24 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04395 seconds