FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » bug: dead link in send email to friend
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
bug: dead link in send email to friend [message #2030] Sun, 28 April 2002 10:56 Go to next message
Olliver   Germany
Hello,
Having sent an informal mail to a friend about a post u get to a page saying that it would have been successfully sent (or it failed to do so). However, if u click the "continue" link u get a "u followed a dead link" error message. I think the expected result should be that "continue" brings u back to the forum's index.

The message itself could be improved as well. right now it's
Quote:

The e-mail has been sent. The email to ur friend xxx(at)xx(dot)xx about yyyyyy has been successfully sent

Why not leaving out the first sentence? The next one already contains all necessary informations.
bye
Ken

[Updated on: Sun, 28 April 2002 11:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: bug: dead link in send email to friend [message #2034 is a reply to message #2030] Sun, 28 April 2002 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
There's a similar bug I want to post. It can be generated as follows:
Do anything with private messages (sending, editing, clean it up) and then immediately log out without returning to the index. Next u will get an "invalid URL" error. I think the expected result should be that after logging out someone should be directed to the forum's index.
bye Ken
Re: bug: dead link in send email to friend [message #2035 is a reply to message #2030] Sun, 28 April 2002 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Ken Kizaki wrote on Sun, 28 April 2002 6:56 AM

Hello,
Having sent an informal mail to a friend about a post u get to a page saying that it would have been successfully sent (or it failed to do so). However, if u click the "continue" link u get a "u followed a dead link" error message. I think the expected result should be that "continue" brings u back to the forum's index.

The message itself could be improved as well. right now it's
Quote:

The e-mail has been sent. The email to ur friend xxx(at)xx(dot)xx about yyyyyy has been successfully sent

Why not leaving out the first sentence? The next one already contains all necessary informations.
bye
Ken

Fixed in CVS.

Affected files (remail.tmpl, remail.php.t)

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: bug: dead link in send email to friend [message #2036 is a reply to message #2034] Sun, 28 April 2002 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Ken Kizaki wrote on Sun, 28 April 2002 12:40 PM

There's a similar bug I want to post. It can be generated as follows:
Do anything with private messages (sending, editing, clean it up) and then immediately log out without returning to the index. Next u will get an "invalid URL" error. I think the expected result should be that after logging out someone should be directed to the forum's index.
bye Ken

Will fix...

When a user logs in or out, I want to return them to the page they were previously on. Now obviously when a person logs out, certain pages are no longer avaliable, hence the error you are seeing.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: bug: dead link in send email to friend [message #2037 is a reply to message #2036] Sun, 28 April 2002 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
Sure, I understand the nature of it. However I think it would be more graceful if a legitimate user can log out without confusing error messages Smile.
bye
Ken

[Updated on: Sun, 28 April 2002 16:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: bug: dead link in send email to friend [message #2038 is a reply to message #2037] Sun, 28 April 2002 17:11 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Ken Kizaki wrote on Sun, 28 April 2002 12:59 PM

Sure, I understand the nature of it. However I think it would be more graceful if a legitimate user can log out without confusing error messages Smile.
bye
Ken

You're absolutely correct Smile

Fixed in latest CVS.

Affected file login.php.t

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: bug: missing links in msg templates
Next Topic: bug: sending pm while not logged in
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]