FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Newsgroup Manager - How to sychronize only postings from known users?
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Message by icarus is ignored  [reveal message]  [reveal all messages by icarus]  [stop ignoring this user] Go to next message
Re: Newsgroup Manager - How to sychronize only postings from known users? [message #27849 is a reply to message #27840] Wed, 28 September 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
This was impossible to do, but I think this is a useful functionality so it has been added to cvs. Next version of the forum will have it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Message by icarus is ignored  [reveal message]  [reveal all messages by icarus]  [stop ignoring this user] Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re: Newsgroup Manager - How to sychronize only postings from known users? [message #27863 is a reply to message #27862] Wed, 28 September 2005 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
You can grab the patch from here:
http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=7356

Can you explain your other request a bit more clearly, I am not quite certain what are you asking there.

FUDforum Core Developer
Message by icarus is ignored  [reveal message]  [reveal all messages by icarus]  [stop ignoring this user] Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re: Newsgroup Manager - How to sychronize only postings from known users? [message #27885 is a reply to message #27880] Thu, 29 September 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
I see what you're saying, I think doing this would be a bad idea. Putting a fake address in the from header for mailing lists and nntp is generally frowned upon and could get you banned. Additionally it prevents people from directly replying to the user via e-mail.
So, I'm afraid I must decline this feature request.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Newsgroup Manager - How to sychronize only postings from known users? [message #27892 is a reply to message #27887] Thu, 29 September 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
This adds extra information into common table for the very rare cases, something I decline doing in stock forum for performance considerations.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Newsgroup Manager - How to sychronize only postings from known users? [message #27920 is a reply to message #27894] Fri, 30 September 2005 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
Changed in CVS.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Newsgroup Manager - How to sychronize only postings from known users? [message #27923 is a reply to message #27922] Fri, 30 September 2005 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=7358

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Newsgroup Manager - How to sychronize only postings from known users? [message #27928 is a reply to message #27926] Fri, 30 September 2005 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
Looks like the forum id is not being passed so it fails to fetch the details from the database.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Newsgroup Manager - How to sychronize only postings from known users? [message #27931 is a reply to message #27930] Fri, 30 September 2005 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
Did you check the log file I told you about?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Newsgroup Manager - How to sychronize only postings from known users? [message #27949 is a reply to message #27933] Mon, 03 October 2005 10:16 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
remove from buddy list
This typo was the cause of the bug, it has been fixed in CVS.

FUDforum Core Developer
Quick Reply
Formatting Tools:   
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: Help! Yahoo! Sent my confirmation mail to Bulk!
Next Topic: Will FUDforum do what I want?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 24 11:33:13 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06654 seconds