FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » install.php and register_globals
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
install.php and register_globals [message #651] Thu, 21 February 2002 08:00 Go to next message
brewt is currently offline  brewt   Canada
I wanted to give FUDforum a quick look see, but it seems you guys code to depend on register_globals being on. Because of this, the installer just doesn't work. The forum looks pretty nice, but too bad it doesn't properly with register_globals turned off (I believe it's default behaviour with newer versions of PHP).

BTW, you typo'ed on the forum name... Installation

ughh... it seems the forum doesn't work without cookies with Galeon/Mozilla. It keeps complaining about Invalid URL when I try Preview/Spell-check/Create thread.
Re: install.php and register_globals [message #654 is a reply to message #651] Thu, 21 February 2002 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
brewt wrote on Thu, 21 February 2002 3:00 AM

I wanted to give FUDforum a quick look see, but it seems you guys code to depend on register_globals being on. Because of this, the installer just doesn't work. The forum looks pretty nice, but too bad it doesn't properly with register_globals turned off (I believe it's default behaviour with newer versions of PHP).

BTW, you typo'ed on the forum name... Installation

ughh... it seems the forum doesn't work without cookies with Galeon/Mozilla. It keeps complaining about Invalid URL when I try Preview/Spell-check/Create thread.

You are quite correct, FUDforum depends on register_globals being turned on. I have the latest version of PHP 4 (4.1.1) and it's php.ini-dist still has the register_globals set to ON by default.
The php.ini-recommended has it off, however that config has options that very few people would want to use, such as error_reporting which is set to E_ALL and magic_quotes_gpc which is set to off.

Thanks for pointing out the embarassing typo Smile, I'll fix it in CVS asap.

Uhm... That's unusual, I've been using it without cookies with Mozilla 0.9.8 on Linux without much problem. I'll check and see if I can replicate this problem. Does this occur on your forum only or any any FUDforum you've tried (this one for example)?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: install.php and register_globals [message #656 is a reply to message #651] Thu, 21 February 2002 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
brewt wrote on Thu, 21 February 2002 3:00 AM

This indeed is was bug that has been intoduced in the previous CVS snapshot, it has since been corrected in the latest CVS.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: install.php and register_globals [message #665 is a reply to message #651] Thu, 21 February 2002 22:49 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
The latest CVS has a work around for people who have register_globals turned off, it should work for you now.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Registration email issues
Next Topic: Forum 1.2 installation error
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 01 01:20:43 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02866 seconds