FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » how to set the forum in another language
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
how to set the forum in another language [message #416] Mon, 11 February 2002 20:02 Go to next message
etraas is currently offline  etraas   Netherlands
Hi,

i posted it here but it could also be in the Suggestions forum.

Is is possible to change the complete language of the forum system, lets say in dutch ?

This would be a nice feature and i'm willing to help with this one as my native language is Dutch.

Greetings
Erwin<
Re: how to set the forum in another language [message #420 is a reply to message #416] Mon, 11 February 2002 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
etraas wrote on Mon, 11 February 2002 3:02 PM

Hi,

i posted it here but it could also be in the Suggestions forum.

Is is possible to change the complete language of the forum system, lets say in dutch ?

This would be a nice feature and i'm willing to help with this one as my native language is Dutch.

Greetings
Erwin

We are planning on having the next major version (2.0) to include full template and i18n support. Which will allow to choose any language for your forum.

If you would be willing to translate the text of FUDforum to Dutch , I'd be greatful.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: how to set the forum in another language [message #422 is a reply to message #416] Mon, 11 February 2002 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm willing to help to do this, not right now though but within 1 or two months i will have time to do it.
I have no PHP programming skills so you will to talk me through it or will you make a single file in which i can do the translating ??
Re: how to set the forum in another language [message #424 is a reply to message #422] Mon, 11 February 2002 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
etraas wrote on Mon, 11 February 2002 3:57 PM

i'm willing to help to do this, not right now though but within 1 or two months i will have time to do it.
I have no PHP programming skills so you will to talk me through it or will you make a single file in which i can do the translating ??

We'd probably have a text file with various message from the forum, and you could then translate them at your leisure.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: how to set the forum in another language [message #433 is a reply to message #416] Tue, 12 February 2002 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, i will help you !!
Re: how to set the forum in another language [message #763 is a reply to message #424] Tue, 26 February 2002 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hommi is currently offline  hommi   Spain
prottoss wrote on Mon, 11 February 2002 5:02 PM

We'd probably have a text file with various message from the forum, and you could then translate them at your leisure.

I'm planning to install the forum during the following month (March), and I'd would like to set it up in spanish. So, I'll translate it. I don't mind changing the code by myself, but it would be easier for me if I had a refernece about which strings are used in the code and about where they are.
Re: how to set the forum in another language [message #764 is a reply to message #763] Tue, 26 February 2002 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
hommi wrote on Tue, 26 February 2002 4:57 PM

I'm planning to install the forum during the following month (March), and I'd would like to set it up in spanish. So, I'll translate it. I don't mind changing the code by myself, but it would be easier for me if I had a refernece about which strings are used in the code and about where they are.

Hopefuly, we will have phrase lists to translate of the various text used in the forum by Match as we are slowly converting the forum to i18n.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: how to set the forum in another language [message #765 is a reply to message #764] Tue, 26 February 2002 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hommi is currently offline  hommi   Spain
prottoss wrote on Tue, 26 February 2002 4:59 PM

hommi wrote on Tue, 26 February 2002 4:57 PM

Hopefuly, we will have phrase lists to translate of the various text used in the forum by Match as we are slowly converting the forum to i18n.

If I decide to tranlate it before the release of the version supporting i18n, which is the best way to do it in order to preserve the changes for future updates of the FUDforum sotware?
Re: how to set the forum in another language [message #772 is a reply to message #765] Wed, 27 February 2002 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
hommi wrote on Tue, 26 February 2002 5:39 PM

If I decide to tranlate it before the release of the version supporting i18n, which is the best way to do it in order to preserve the changes for future updates of the FUDforum sotware?

That would be pretty difficult to do. The only thing you can translate safely right now is the FAQ since it will not be affected by the changes were are making.

I suspect that within a week or so, we will have the phrase file you can try to translate. The actual code base of the forum will change quite a bit once the template & i18n is implemented.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: how to set the forum in another language [message #807 is a reply to message #416] Fri, 01 March 2002 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
basse is currently offline  basse   Finland
I volunteer to translate the forum to Swedish, as that is the language I myself need. Please send me the file(s) when it/they are ready. My address is djupsjob(at)yahoo(dot)com.

Cheers,
Sebastian
Re: how to set the forum in another language [message #812 is a reply to message #807] Fri, 01 March 2002 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
djupsjob wrote on Fri, 01 March 2002 8:46 AM

I volunteer to translate the forum to Swedish, as that is the language I myself need. Please send me the file(s) when it/they are ready. My address is djupsjob(at)yahoo(dot)com.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Allright, will do Smile

We are about 1/2 way done preparing the phrase list that needs translating at this point and if all goes well it will be ready for translation sometime next week.

For now, you can grab the FAQ page and translate it if you like, since that page will not change.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: how to set the forum in another language [message #956 is a reply to message #416] Thu, 14 March 2002 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vice_squad is currently offline  vice_squad   Portugal
Hi. I can also help... translating the forum for Portuguese...

My address: vice_squad(at)softhome(dot)net

http://consolas.web.pt

icon5.gif  Re: how to set the forum in another language [message #962 is a reply to message #956] Fri, 15 March 2002 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
basse is currently offline  basse   Finland
Is the forum ready for translation soon? Just asking, no sweat if it isn't yet.
Re: how to set the forum in another language [message #963 is a reply to message #962] Fri, 15 March 2002 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
We already have a mostly complete language "pack", which is what would need translation, if all goes well, by monday/tuesday I'll setup a control panel on the web where it will be possible to translate the messages.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: how to set the forum in another language [message #1007 is a reply to message #963] Tue, 19 March 2002 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zatan is currently offline  zatan   Argentina
I will be glad to make the traslation to spanish !
Let me know when and how to doit !

roman(at)rosario(dot)com
Re: how to set the forum in another language [message #1010 is a reply to message #416] Tue, 19 March 2002 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
If you want to help with the translation, the file which contains all the text (excluding the FAQ) used by the forum that needs translating can be found here: http://fud.prohost.org/forum/msg.php?th=192

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: how to set the forum in another language [message #1044 is a reply to message #1007] Wed, 20 March 2002 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zatan is currently offline  zatan   Argentina
I will traslate that to english.
What will happen with the button images like "new thread"... will that also be traslated ?
Is the forum new version available so i can use when i finish traslating ?

thanks
Re: how to set the forum in another language [message #1048 is a reply to message #1044] Wed, 20 March 2002 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The buttons that contain text will need to be translated seperately, I still have not made a translatable pack for them.

The multi-lingual version of the forum will be avaliable in a few weeks. Although alpha versions may see the light of day sooner.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: how to set the forum in another language [message #16127 is a reply to message #1010] Thu, 15 January 2004 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nino is currently offline  nino   Germany
I am gong to translate Fudforum v.2.6.0 to Bosnian (=Croatian =Serbian).
Which files must be translated.(please give me a list of all files).
best regards
Nick
Re: how to set the forum in another language [message #16129 is a reply to message #16127] Thu, 15 January 2004 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Only 1 file needs to be translated, "msg" it can be found inside i18n/english/ directory.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: how to set the forum in another language [message #16133 is a reply to message #16129] Thu, 15 January 2004 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ilia,
You mean this file "...forum/thm/default/i18n/english/msg", OK!
But what about:
1. ...\thm\path_info\i18n\english\msg
2. ...\theme\default\help\faq_index.hlp
3. all *.hlp files in ...\theme\default\help\
best regards
Nick
Re: how to set the forum in another language [message #16144 is a reply to message #16133] Fri, 16 January 2004 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The help files are located inside i18n/english/help/

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: how to set the forum in another language [message #16163 is a reply to message #16144] Fri, 16 January 2004 22:01 Go to previous message
thank you
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Installation stoped in the middle
Next Topic: CVS upgrade help?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Oct 06 09:50:52 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03389 seconds