FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Some Odd Quirks
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Some Odd Quirks [message #920] Sat, 09 March 2002 13:40 Go to next message
DocObvious is currently offline  DocObvious   United States
These don't seem to be bugs so much as they're simply odd things that take a little getting used to:

1. When selecting a style, no matter which one is selected, the image folder for it always goes to "default" - if I type the correct folder name and click "Update" it works but going back into the style manager shows the folder being set back to "default"
  2. User profiles absolutely refuse to hold the date of birth info. I don't know whether or not this info is actually being saved because every time a user opens their profile, the birth date fields are blank.
  3. Two errors keep popping up in the file manager: "ChDir: No such file or directory (errno 2) in /*******/public_html/rpsforum/adm/admbrowse.php on line 226" and "readfile("admclose.html") - No such file or directory in /*******/public_html/rpsforum/adm/admbrowse.php on line 228" (the *'s are added by me to this post as the URL is not public)

Does anyone have any ideas about how to correct these things?
Re: Some Odd Quirks [message #922 is a reply to message #920] Sat, 09 March 2002 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Could you please tell me which version of the forum you are running?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Some Odd Quirks [message #925 is a reply to message #922] Sat, 09 March 2002 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The bugs #1 & #2 have been fixed in the latest CVS. If you want let me know and I'll send you the 2 files that were modified to fix those problems.

The bug #3 is rather interesting, I can see why it "would" happen however on neither of my systems I can replicate the bug.

It would appear the getcwd() call at the start of the script fails and then fails to restore you to the proper dir, hence the 2 warning messages you get.

Is the system you are using running safe mode?
Would it be possible for you to show me the output of phpinfo() on your server?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Some Odd Quirks [message #932 is a reply to message #925] Sat, 09 March 2002 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prottoss wrote on Sat, 09 March 2002 3:05 PM

The bugs #1 & #2 have been fixed in the latest CVS. If you want let me know and I'll send you the 2 files that were modified to fix those problems.

Yes, that would be very helpful. Pass them over whenever is conveneient, please.

Quote:

The bug #3 is rather interesting, I can see why it "would" happen however on neither of my systems I can replicate the bug.

It would appear the getcwd() call at the start of the script fails and then fails to restore you to the proper dir, hence the 2 warning messages you get.

Rolling Eyes Why do I always have to find the "interesting" glitches? Wink Hopefully the info I passed over on the other thread regarding timezones will help you figure this one out, although this doesn't seem to be a critical issue as it doesn't have an effect on whether the file manager functions or not.
Re: Some Odd Quirks [message #934 is a reply to message #932] Sun, 10 March 2002 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FUDchild is currently offline  FUDchild   United States
DocObvious wrote on Sat, 09 March 2002 6:28 PM

prottoss wrote on Sat, 09 March 2002 3:05 PM

Yes, that would be very helpful. Pass them over whenever is conveneient, please.

Quote:

Rolling Eyes Why do I always have to find the "interesting" glitches? Wink Hopefully the info I passed over on the other thread regarding timezones will help you figure this one out, although this doesn't seem to be a critical issue as it doesn't have an effect on whether the file manager functions or not.

I am running 1.2.2 and it will not save the birthdays and also the dir name for styles always goes back to default.

users image doesnt show up in profile... and I still had to jump thru a million hoops to get it all set up again, I waited for 1.2 and then i said well ill wait a lil longer. logged in and it said current stable version so installed it and i did get the admin error you did a few times but when i refreshed the page it went away.

so real problem now is the users image in their profile doesn't work, and you can't use the url option in the avatar, and the birthdays dont save, and the style dir is bugged out!

PEACE
FUDChild
Re: Some Odd Quirks [message #941 is a reply to message #920] Sun, 10 March 2002 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The #3 error reported in this thread was also fixed.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Some Odd Quirks [message #942 is a reply to message #941] Sun, 10 March 2002 16:04 Go to previous message
prottoss wrote on Sun, 10 March 2002 11:02 AM

The #3 error reported in this thread was also fixed.

Yes, with a great deal of thanks and a tip-o-the hat to prottoss for being very helpful with ongoing support. Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: 1.2.2 is not saving the birthdays of the users
Next Topic: cant change avatars byte size!!
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 07:01:40 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02735 seconds