FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » Database discussions » MySQL error when importing NNTP message
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
MySQL error when importing NNTP message [message #162739] Sat, 10 July 2010 15:46 Go to next message
rush2112 is currently offline  rush2112   United States
I keep running in to this error when it the cron for the newsgroup triggers:

<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in <b>/home/bythedr1/FUDforum/include/theme/default/db.inc</b> on line <b>28</b><br />
(/home/bythedr1/FUDforum/include/theme/default/db.inc:72<br />
/home/bythedr1/FUDforum/include/theme/default/db.inc:168<br />
/home/bythedr1/FUDforum/include/scripts_common.inc:82<br />
/home/bythedr1/FUDforum/include/nntp.inc:575<br />
/home/bythedr1/FUDforum/scripts/nntp.php:92<br />
) 2006: MySQL server has gone away<br />
Query: SELECT m.id, m.thread_id FROM fud30_msg m INNER JOIN fud30_thread t ON m.thread_id=t.id WHERE m(dot)mlist_msg_id='jIedncEGH95vaK7RnZ2dnUVZ_uSdnZ2d(at)speakeasy(dot)net' AND t.forum_id=6 ORDER BY m.post_stamp DESC LIMIT 1<br />
_GET: array (
  '/home/bythedr1/FUDforum/scripts/nntp_php' =&gt; '',
  5 =&gt; '',
)<br />
Server Version: <br />

In that newsgroup, it will re-post one message than stop any other imports. This might be all wrong, but I eventually deleted the thread, ran forum consistency, optimized the database and compacted the messages. The error keeps appearing and I can't figure this one out Confused

Some server specs.
Running FUD 3.0.0 on shared Linux server
PHP version: 5.2.10
Database version: 5.0.90-community

Thanks!

Rush

[Updated on: Sat, 10 July 2010 15:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: MySQL error when importing NNTP message [message #162742 is a reply to message #162739] Sat, 10 July 2010 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Kwoteer:
MySQL server has gone away

This normally happens on shared hosts that are over committed (server is too busy).
Try to scale the importer down to 1 post per run ("Max Messages to Import" in the Newsgroup Manager).
Alternatively, move to a better hosting provider or a bigger package.
Re: MySQL error when importing NNTP message [message #162744 is a reply to message #162742] Sun, 11 July 2010 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for responding.

The cron job is already set to run at once an hour. There are 5 other cron jobs that import from other newsgroups that import once every hour without any problems. Max messages to import was initially set at 200.

Normally a "MySQL server has gone away" is caused by a query after a closed connection, insufficient privileges or a TCP/IP time out. Not saying its not the web server, but I would imagine there would be an error with one of the other 5 cron jobs at sometime.

Thanks,

Rush

Re: MySQL error when importing NNTP message [message #162745 is a reply to message #162744] Sun, 11 July 2010 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
By the way, what is the load on your server? I bet it's going to be extremely high (even without FUDforum).

Please also check if MySQL's wait_timeout is not too small:
SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'wait_timeout'
Re: MySQL error when importing NNTP message [message #162750 is a reply to message #162739] Sun, 11 July 2010 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunately my host does not have a way to check the server cpu load through cpanel. I have several other scripts and domains running (Gallery, e107, and so on) with no indications of server load issues. I looked through the mySQL status and the server has been reset since this issues started. Nothing on the status page jumped out at me indicating a problem with query stats, tables, etc.

The mySQL wait_timeout is set at 40. This doesn't seem to affect any other scripts or Fudforum nntp newsgroup imports. It's just this specific message causing the error and preventing any other messages from the specific newsgroup from being imported.

Thanks

Rush
Re: MySQL error when importing NNTP message [message #162756 is a reply to message #162750] Mon, 12 July 2010 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
And what is your NNTP Timeout (in the Newsgroup Manager)?
You may time out on the database before you time out on the network.
Re: MySQL error when importing NNTP message [message #162757 is a reply to message #162756] Mon, 12 July 2010 17:38 Go to previous message
The NNTP timeout is set to 40 in the Newsgroup Manager.
The other five newsgroups have the same 40 sec setting and are coming from the same server.

I suppose it could be a problem on the usenet server I'm pulling down from. I'll check into that and bump the time up a little bit.

Thanks,

Rush

[Updated on: Mon, 12 July 2010 17:39]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Fatal error when trying import / take a forum datadump
Next Topic: table fud28_ses missing issue
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 10 16:32:18 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03573 seconds