FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » user image in this forum doesnt work either
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon2.gif  user image in this forum doesnt work either [message #935] Sun, 10 March 2002 09:04 Go to next message
FUDchild is currently offline  FUDchild   United States
see title~!
Re: user image in this forum doesnt work either [message #940 is a reply to message #935] Sun, 10 March 2002 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Fixed in latest CVS.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: user image in this forum doesnt work either [message #953 is a reply to message #940] Thu, 14 March 2002 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prottoss wrote on Sun, 10 March 2002 11:01 AM

Fixed in latest CVS.

um just what is the lates CVS? you need to make a fix for this, then those of us who are running 1.2.2 already can run the fix. I am losing intrest fast, I have lost about 40 posting members due to that fact that the forum is always being re installed.

I need a fix for:

birthdays aren't saved
user images in the profile don't work
signatures don't work
when html is enabled it doesnt use the background specified in the html code.

These are the important issues, I am now running 1.2.2 and I am about to just delete the whole thing. I will check back in the next hour and if there is not a fix then I am done.

Fixed in the CVS? well give me the CVS then what is the big deal, I didnt hear anything about how to solve my problem. I have taken much time to support this cause. I am trying to get iam-multiplayer.com set up as well only to find out that the same files are available for download that caused me to wast 20 hours of my time.

script doesn't need to own itself needs to ask me who should get ownership of the directory and that should be what is used for the admin login. Never make a directory belong to Nobody? if its not my directory then I have no right to delete it or administer it.

I am not sure how things that were already working stopped working but I hope you work it out... I hope that I dont sound cross it is just getting down right un bearable, you have something great here and I think you will do well, you just need to make some downloadbale fixes for those of us already running 1.2.2 before we go balde from pulling all of our hair out.

Thanks in Advance
Ernest Buffington

Re: user image in this forum doesnt work either [message #954 is a reply to message #953] Thu, 14 March 2002 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Quote:

um just what is the lates CVS?

Latest CVS is the development version of the forum, which can be downloaded at any point via the anonymous CVS. Frequent snapshots of the CVS tree can be found on the download page of this forum.

Here are the instructions to access the FUDforum CVS tree:
export CVSROOT=":pserver:anonymous(at)forum(dot)prohost(dot)org:/forum"
touch ~/.cvspass
cvs login
[press enter when promted for password]
cvs -z4 checkout forum_install

I am not sure why you are reinstalling the forum each time, since with each version there comes an upgrade script, which upgrades the forum to the latest version while maintaining the data integrity.

Quote:

birthdays aren't saved

Both are already fixed in the development release.

Quote:

signatures don't work

Can you please elaborate more, do they not show up, they are not being saved? What exactly is the problem?

Quote:

Does this occur on any particular page and could you give me a sample URL please?

Quote:

script doesn't need to own itself needs to ask me who should get ownership of the directory and that should be what is used for the admin login. Never make a directory belong to Nobody? if its not my directory then I have no right to delete it or administer it.

The script is being ran via the web server, the webserver runs as nobody in your case, it cannot possibly create files with permissions other then its own. The forum since version 1.2 had a File Manager allowing you to chmod files after they've been installed in such a way that YOU can edit/delete them without a problem.

P.S. I am going to add a download link to an upgrade script, which would upgrade an existing forum to latest CVS, this will @ least 2 of the bugs you've reported.

FUDforum Core Developer

[Updated on: Thu, 14 March 2002 04:37]

Report message to a moderator

icon9.gif  Re: user image in this forum doesnt work either [message #961 is a reply to message #953] Fri, 15 March 2002 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
basse is currently offline  basse   Finland
FUDchild wrote on Thu, 14 March 2002 5:26 AM

prottoss wrote on Sun, 10 March 2002 11:01 AM

Fixed in latest CVS.

I need a fix for:

birthdays aren't saved
signatures don't work

These are the important issues, I am now running 1.2.2 and I am about to just delete the whole thing. I will check back in the next hour and if there is not a fix then I am done.

Oh, come on! These aren't exactly showstoppers. If your posting members are so pissed at not having a stupid image next to their name you're probably better off with them gone.

Have a little patience. FUDForum is very actively developed and to me it seems as if bugs are fixed almost instantly. And the support on irc is just great! Have you tried that?
Re: user image in this forum doesnt work either [message #971 is a reply to message #954] Mon, 18 March 2002 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prottoss wrote on Wed, 13 March 2002 11:28 PM

Quote:

um just what is the lates CVS?

Latest CVS is the development version of the forum, which can be downloaded at any point via the anonymous CVS. Frequent snapshots of the CVS tree can be found on the download page of this forum.

Here are the instructions to access the FUDforum CVS tree:
export CVSROOT="Razzserver:anonymous(at)forum(dot)prohost(dot)org:/forum"
touch ~/.cvspass
cvs login
[press enter when promted for password]
cvs -z4 checkout forum_install

I am not sure why you are reinstalling the forum each time, since with each version there comes an upgrade script, which upgrades the forum to the latest version while maintaining the data integrity.

Quote:

birthdays aren't saved

Both are already fixed in the development release.

Quote:

signatures don't work

Can you please elaborate more, do they not show up, they are not being saved? What exactly is the problem?

Quote:

Does this occur on any particular page and could you give me a sample URL please?

Quote:

The script is being ran via the web server, the webserver runs as nobody in your case, it cannot possibly create files with permissions other then its own. The forum since version 1.2 had a File Manager allowing you to chmod files after they've been installed in such a way that YOU can edit/delete them without a problem.

P.S. I am going to add a download link to an upgrade script, which would upgrade an existing forum to latest CVS, this will @ least 2 of the bugs you've reported.

All of the problems are fixed and the forum is running nicely, however I do have one customer that I will need to run the upgrade script on. I have created a new forum with the new dev. at http://www.telefraggednot.com/kingpin_forums I think you will be amazed at how nice it looks I changed a few things but it is very nice and wanted to get your opinion. On that forum everything is working perfect and smooth and flawless. I was soo happy when I was setting it up that everything worked, one bug left to squash. when you delete a forum it gets placed in the deleted forums list, and in that deleted forums list there is an option to delete the deleted forum. If you click delete there ti has an error. dont remember the error because I freaked and immediately restored the deleted forum to the forums, I then renamed it to a name i needed to use, but other than that I found no problems what so ever. If you cadd the upgrade script to the downloads page I would appreciate it.

Born Again FUDchild
Ernest Buffington
Re: user image in this forum doesnt work either [message #973 is a reply to message #971] Mon, 18 March 2002 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I'll look into the deletion of forums error...

The bug is fixed in the 1.2.3 release made few minutes ago... You can grab the upgrade script from our download page.

FUDforum Core Developer

[Updated on: Mon, 18 March 2002 17:03]

Re: user image in this forum doesnt work either [message #977 is a reply to message #973] Mon, 18 March 2002 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prottoss wrote on Mon, 18 March 2002 11:28 AM

I'll look into the deletion of forums error...

The bug is fixed in the 1.2.3 release made few minutes ago... You can grab the upgrade script from our download page.

Ok will do, it wont change any of my settings on the forum will it?

[Updated on: Mon, 18 March 2002 19:23]

Re: user image in this forum doesnt work either [message #978 is a reply to message #977] Mon, 18 March 2002 19:25 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
nope... settings will remain the same...

This upgrade mostly replaces a dosen files or so...

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: All users can appove all messages in moderated forums
Next Topic: Clearing Forum Icon doesn't work
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 13:33:20 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02461 seconds