FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Charset
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Charset [message #8675] Fri, 14 February 2003 20:03 Go to next message
secretr is currently offline  secretr   Germany
where can I change the meta tag <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-15">. I need charset=koi8-r for all of the languages.I tried in the charset file /thm/theme/i18n/english and I made rebuild after that but it doesn't work.
Re: Charset [message #8676 is a reply to message #8675] Fri, 14 February 2003 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
modify the charset file and then rebuild the theme. Each language has it's own charset.

FUDforum Core Developer
ïÔÎÏÓÎÏ:&nbsp;Re: Charset [message #8677 is a reply to message #8676] Fri, 14 February 2003 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've made it. But it doesn't work. I've rebuilt it several times Crying or Very Sad I've made English charset to KOI8R - that's my default theme but it's still ISO-8859-15. Where am I wrong?
Re: ïÔÎÏÓÎÏ:&nbsp;Re: Charset [message #8698 is a reply to message #8677] Sun, 16 February 2003 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Do headers say ISO-8859-15, also how many themes do you have?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Charset [message #8707 is a reply to message #8698] Mon, 17 February 2003 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've made changes in compiler.inc - $ret .= '<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=UTF-8">'; (it was $ret .= '<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset='.$GLOBALS['char_set'].'">'; ) and after that rebuilt the themes. It works. I'v changed also the format of the files msg and admpanel.php(meta tag added) to utf-8. But I think there is some more messages that is missing in the msg file. Could you tell me where can I find them.
Now I can see Cyrillic (Bulgarian) and the special characters in German and French no matter what a theme (Bulgarian,French,Deutsch and English) I use.
I think I found an another bug in the Bbulgarian version.Not sure but the title in userinfo (user_info_l:) was (VAR: u->alias} not {VAR: u->alias}.
Best Regards
Re: Charset [message #8779 is a reply to message #8707] Sat, 22 February 2003 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Messages cannot be missing from the messages file, if they were the theme would not build.
The bug in Bulgarian translation will be fixed in the next release, thank you for reporting it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Charset [message #11143 is a reply to message #8675] Thu, 19 June 2003 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
khibinite is currently offline  khibinite   Russian Federation

secretr () , 14 2003 15:03

where can I change the meta tag <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-15">. I need charset=koi8-r for all of the languages.I tried in the charset file /thm/theme/i18n/english and I made rebuild after that but it doesn't work.

Hello!
I also can't do such thing: every time a page is loaded I should to change the code page manualy Sad. I need to the koi8r or cyrillic win-1251 code page.

Help me please.

TIA.
Re: Charset [message #11145 is a reply to message #11143] Thu, 19 June 2003 13:56 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
in every translation there is a file called "charset" it contains the charset of that translation. If you want to change the language's charset simply modify the contents of that file and then rebuild theme(s) based on this language.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Integrate FUDForum with another mysql table
Next Topic: Timeout units
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:39:21 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02872 seconds