FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » mailinglist imported messages all have "no body"
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
mailinglist imported messages all have "no body" [message #9034] Sat, 08 March 2003 18:20 Go to next message
bbarnett is currently offline  bbarnett   Canada
http://fud.prohost.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=1802&rid=774&S= 450c01ded50fa88234ef59efe5dc6cbe

I am experiencing the same problem that this thread is talking about. All of my messages, coming from my mailing list, have no message box at all.

However, these messages are getting through, since the subject and sender and such is intact.

Any ideas? Latest (.8) version of FUDForum. I'm not sure where to start debugging, but I did try sending from Mozilla as a test.. just to see if it was my mail client.

Still had the same problem :(

Re: mailinglist imported messages all have "no body" [message #9112 is a reply to message #9034] Thu, 13 March 2003 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Make sure the webserver can write to the message storage file, inside the messages directory.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: mailinglist imported messages all have "no body" [message #9182 is a reply to message #9034] Fri, 14 March 2003 20:08 Go to previous message
bbarnett is currently offline  bbarnett   Canada

Right, I know this now.

Please click on the link above, and view that thread. There are two ways to get around the issue, but the README should at least mention both (please).

The second is more secure, if you have direct access to the box and can set it up.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: bug in polish templates
Next Topic: Moderator listings in forum index
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Oct 16 13:16:17 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04378 seconds