FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » 2.50RC5 Admin Login NOT
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
2.50RC5 Admin Login NOT [message #10938] Fri, 13 June 2003 22:50 Go to next message
muggles is currently offline  muggles   United States
Hi,

I cannot for the life of me login as an admin into 2.50RC5 on my dev boxes. I have a 2.3x version I want to upgrade that works fine.

During the intial setup on both my boxes (after step 5), I am presented with a themed login page in which I enter my info, I am then sent to a plain login page (without any theme) to login again, and again... [insert loop] I have deleted and re-installed 3 times on two different boxes. I even tried using Opera and Netscape 7 instead of the latest IE.

If I directly access the forum and choose the login option, after entering my info, I am sent back to the forum but not logged in. (note I do not see the plain (not themed) login screen anymore).

Going directly to ./adm presents the plain (not themed) login screen, but after entering my info... [insert loop].

I do not see a cookie being created for the domains (local machine names) and php session support is enabled and working on these boxes (tested with other CMS's and Forum scripts)

Dev box 1:
Win XP PHP Version 4.3.2
MySQL v3.23.55-nt

Dev box 2:
Linux 2.4.19
PHP Version 4.2.3
MySQL v3.23.54

I saw some other posts here and noticed others with this same problem, but you were unable to recreate it.

I am determined to get this nntp enabled forum going on my dev boxes to play with. I can log into your box fine from this client, and into my final destination linux box where the script will hopefully one day live.

Here is what's in the fud25_users table for the admin account (I replaced the PW hash with PWHASH to post here):

2 muggles muggles PWHASH Administrator root@tab2 NULL NULL NULL Y N EMAIL N Y Y 0 NULL NO UNSPECIFIED NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL Y Y Y Y 0 America/Montreal 0 1055506310 N N Y 0 NULL 1 N 0 0 0 0 NULL NULL msg A 0 0 0 NULL NULL NULL A NULL NULL NULL NULL

If I can offer any more info, just ask.
Re: 2.50RC5 Admin Login NOT [message #10939 is a reply to message #10938] Fri, 13 June 2003 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Hmm sounds like a cookie problem. Does the domain you've entered during the cookie stage correspond with the one the forum is on? Also, does your browser allow cookies to be set by the forum?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: 2.50RC5 Admin Login NOT [message #10943 is a reply to message #10938] Fri, 13 June 2003 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I'm using the same domain as set in http.conf's ServerName directive "tab2" (this seems to be set automatically in fud's setup, I did not change it).

Re: 2.50RC5 Admin Login NOT [message #10945 is a reply to message #10943] Fri, 13 June 2003 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
After the login process check your browser's cookie database to see if you have a cookie from your forum. If you do not that something prevents the cookie from being set. Therefor you need to edit GLOBALS.php and enable URL sessions.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: 2.50RC5 Admin Login NOT [message #10947 is a reply to message #10938] Fri, 13 June 2003 23:37 Go to previous message
After Setting
$SESSION_USE_URL = "Y";
and unchecking the Use cookies checkbox on the login screen I CAN login as admin.

Why the cookies are not being created.. dunno. It's not browser settings, I also disabled ZoneAlarm.

Only when installed on a local machine domain name "tab2" "mug3" etc.. I get no cookies, on a real domain "fud.prohost.org" they are created. Cookies are created for these domains by other scripts...

...anyway, WOOHOOOO, thanks for the quick HELPFULL response.

Now I'm off to integrate into my CMS phpWebSite. phpBB sux Smile

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Parse Error in Line 32
Next Topic: avatars not displaying after upgrade to 2.3.8
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 22:07:03 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01705 seconds