FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Strange forum behaviour after upgrade from 2.3.5 to 2.5.2
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Strange forum behaviour after upgrade from 2.3.5 to 2.5.2 [message #12748] Thu, 28 August 2003 08:20 Go to next message
oliverj is currently offline  oliverj   Germany
Hi Protoss,

I recently upgraded from 2.3.5 to 2.5.2 and my forum seems to be a little weird now. The installation went just fine after I made the PHP script run time a little longer (no errors reported), but as I restarted the forum, the template I made was corrupted (but just the footer), so I fixed that. The other thing I noticed, was this code at the bottom of the opening screen of the forum:

PHP Notice: Undefined variable: last_login in d:\Inetpub\community\theme\standard\index.php on line 107
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: reg_u in d:\Inetpub\community\theme\standard\index.php on line 393
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: inv_u in d:\Inetpub\community\theme\standard\index.php on line 393
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: annon in d:\Inetpub\community\theme\standard\index.php on line 393
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: reg_users in d:\Inetpub\community\theme\standard\index.php on line 401

Postings with ratings can't be opened, and after logging in, I can't logout, the forum just wouldn't allow it. There are numerous other weird things happening now, and I don't know what to do. Crying or Very Sad

I even tried 2.5.3 RC1 to fix these errors, but it seems to be the same.

Do you have an idea?

Best wishes,
Oliver

[Updated on: Thu, 28 August 2003 10:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Strange forum behaviour after upgrade from 2.3.5 to 2.5.2 [message #12778 is a reply to message #12748] Sun, 31 August 2003 18:30 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
These are harmless warnings regarding undefined variables. I fix those as I see them. The solution is to make PHP log errors to a file and not display them to screen. If you want to help me debug them, post this file on the forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: install.php does nothing
Next Topic: Mail probs
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Oct 06 07:15:37 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02680 seconds