FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » can't run install.php
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  can't run install.php [message #1522] Thu, 18 April 2002 02:56 Go to next message
brookebw   United States
I'm currently using Ontrack's PowerDesk for all my zipped and compressed file needs. When I extract the zip or the tarball file with PowerDesk neither one produces the new forum_install directory as mentioned in the user guide. I went ahead and created a new directory called forum_install on my server and loaded all newly extracted files there. When I accessed the install.php via my browser, I got the following message(path is correct by the way):

Fatal error: Call to unsupported or undefined function ini_set() in /home/soupaint/southernpainting-www/forum_install/install.php on line 19

I'm clueless! thanks!!
bbw
Re: can't run install.php [message #1523 is a reply to message #1522] Thu, 18 April 2002 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
When you decompressed the files, were all the files decompressed into 1 directory or was the directory structure inside the archive maintained?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: can't run install.php [message #1538 is a reply to message #1523] Thu, 18 April 2002 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brookebw   United States
no all files went into one directory.
bbw
Re: can't run install.php [message #1541 is a reply to message #1538] Thu, 18 April 2002 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
brookebw wrote on Thu, 18 April 2002 9:16 AM

no all files went into one directory.
bbw

That would be the problem.

You need to decopress the archive in such a way so that the directory structure inside the archive is preserved.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: can't run install.php [message #1546 is a reply to message #1541] Thu, 18 April 2002 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brookebw   United States
Ok I dug thru the PowerDesk docs and found the settings I needed to change to make that happen and it did. Yippee! Uploaded the directory forum_install with all its files and sub directories intact, and still get the exact same message when I run the install.php file from my browser. I'm very inexperienced with shell processes and that is why I'm trying it with my browser.

here is the error again:
Fatal error: Call to unsupported or undefined function ini_set() in /home/soupaint/southernpainting-www/forum_install/install.php on line 19

thanks for your time..
bbw
Re: can't run install.php [message #1547 is a reply to message #1546] Thu, 18 April 2002 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Okie, the reason you're getting the error you're seeing could a result of 2 problems.

1) Your php is too old, ini_set() function was introduced in PHP 4.0

2) Your web host has disabled ini_set() function.

If you could create a sample script:
[code]
<?php
phpinfo();
?>

and give me a url to it, I'd be able to tell you which one of the above is causing this problem.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: can't run install.php [message #1548 is a reply to message #1547] Thu, 18 April 2002 16:39 Go to previous message
brookebw   United States
shoot - I know i have version 3 something, but here is the php info file:
http://www.southernpainting.com/xtest.php

thanks for the help

bbw
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: After update 1.2.5
Next Topic: Polls enabled, no "create poll" link on post form
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 04:05:59 GMT 2024