FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Administrator does not have permission?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  Administrator does not have permission? [message #16429] Fri, 30 January 2004 08:32 Go to next message
Delta is currently offline  Delta   United States
I'm having a heck of a time trying to get my forums up and running. It seems that somehow my administrator account has gotten blocked, so that I cannot login without getting an error message -- saying my account is not confirmed -- and yet in spite of this message, I find I am logged in according to the top of the screen.

Logged in, I have administrator privileges, and can do almost everything, but---

* I cannot actually make any post whatsoever. Every post gets listed as anonymous -- and this happens even though in my group permissions unregistered users cannot see or post anything!

* Neither can any other user who is logged in make any post. Actually, some seem to be having trouble logging in at all, saying they are unconfirmed, even though (1) I had email confirmation disabled and (2) there are no users in the approval cue.

* In that groups panel, I can add group managers but I cannot add users -- I get an error saying I do not have permissions.

The error log is filled:
Quote:

[Error] ERROR: Your account is not yet confirmed

[Error] ERROR: Insufficient Permissions

I've been at this for hours, and cannot figure out what is wrong. This is the first time I have used this program, so if anyone has any ideas, please be kind to my ignorance!

Thanks in advance! Very Happy
Re: Administrator does not have permission? [message #16443 is a reply to message #16429] Fri, 30 January 2004 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Use the user manager (in admin control panel) to check and make sure your account is confirmed.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Administrator does not have permission? [message #16449 is a reply to message #16443] Fri, 30 January 2004 16:42 Go to previous message
Delta is currently offline  Delta   United States
Thanks for the reply! Smile Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the answer. Crying or Very Sad

But something worked. Very Happy Thanks again!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: 1st step of Installation: Access Rights Settings
Next Topic: Upgrading concerns
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 18:41:38 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03213 seconds