FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Cannot create forums
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon9.gif  Cannot create forums [message #18061] Wed, 05 May 2004 12:12 Go to next message
ffitalia is currently offline  ffitalia   Italy
I have a problem with FudForum 2.6.2.
I installed it correctly and logged in as administrator. First of all, I locked the forum and set some basic parameters on the admin settings. Then I tried to create forums. I deleted first the Test Forum, then added a new category.
I tried to create a new forum inside that category, and I had this error (username and DB are tagged between []):

(D:\Inetpub\webs\ffitalianet\mdb-database\forum\include\theme\default\db.in c:114
D:\Inetpub\webs\ffitalianet\mdb-database\forum\include\theme\default\groups .inc:63
D:\Inetpub\webs\ffitalianet\mdb-database\forum\include\forum_adm.inc:65
D:\Inetpub\webs\ffitalianet\public\forum\adm\admforum.php:58
) 1044: Access denied for user: '[USER]@%' to database '[DB]'
Query: CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE ffitalia_gc_1083757735 (a INT, b INT, c INT)
Server Version: 4.0.18-standard-log

My host has Windows 2003 Server with PHP/MySQL. FudForum is installed in the public\forum directory, wich has read and write access. Forum data (the hidden one) is installed in mdb-database\forum (hereditary write-only rights: no browsing on this dir). I think the problem is in that % after [USER]@. Usually it should be [USER]@[HOST].

By the way: when this error occurs and I click Back on browser, my forum is displayed in forum list, but, when I try to unlock the forum and see it, no forum is shown.

[Updated on: Wed, 05 May 2004 12:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Cannot create forums [message #18065 is a reply to message #18061] Wed, 05 May 2004 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Netherlands
Administrator
Core Developer
You need to enable the creation of temporary by the account you are using.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Cannot create forums [message #18073 is a reply to message #18065] Wed, 05 May 2004 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ffitalia is currently offline  ffitalia   Italy
Ilia ha scritto mer, 05 maggio 2004 14:31

You need to enable the creation of temporary by the account you are using.

You mean by phpMyAdmin? I cannot change any permission. But, maybe, I can solve this problem in a different way: installing forum on my PC, exporting DB, changing the parameters on globals.php, uploading all files to server and importing DB there.

Do you think it could work? Of course I need to simulate most of the server configuration
Re: Cannot create forums [message #18081 is a reply to message #18073] Thu, 06 May 2004 12:16 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Netherlands
Administrator
Core Developer
If you cannot modify the SQL access permissions then ask the admin to do it for you. Your solution is not going work, since you'd still experience the same problem.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Adding user error
Next Topic: errors in the user creation process
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 07:17:00 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02500 seconds