FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » How do I change/delete images
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
How do I change/delete images [message #19303] Thu, 08 July 2004 02:35 Go to next message
ktinkel is currently offline  ktinkel   United States
We've had some problems, and have already removed and reinstalled the FUDforum software -- I'm trying to avoid having to do anything so drastic again.

What is the recommended procedure for changing or deleting icons and other FUDforum images?

I see that the FUDforum --> images folder is empty. The themes --> images folder seems to hold all the iimages used on the pages.

Is it okay to FTP revised images to the theme -->images folder?

If not, what is the recommended procedure? What if I want to delete some images altogether? Can I safely just remove them, or must I find the appropriate parts of the pages and remove the links?

Thanks.

Kathleen
Re: How do I change/delete images [message #19306 is a reply to message #19303] Thu, 08 July 2004 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The images directory contain several directories, files in some of those can be safely removed and some require to be removed via control panels.

forum_icons, message_icons (can be removed directly, in 2.6.5+ you will need to run a consistency checker after).

mime (files in this directory should be handled via mime manager)

avatars (should be handled via avatar manager)

custom_avatars (do not touch this directory).

If you are replacing files (same filename) then you can safely do that, regardless of the directory.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How do I change/delete images [message #19309 is a reply to message #19306] Thu, 08 July 2004 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ktinkel is currently offline  ktinkel   United States
Thanks -- very helpful.

Under what other circumstances should we run the consistency checker during our setup period (when there are few messages, in other words)?

Kathleen
Re: How do I change/delete images [message #19311 is a reply to message #19309] Thu, 08 July 2004 18:28 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
after images inside forum_icons, message_icons were modified by hand.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: How do I change my forum URL ?
Next Topic: Possible problem with Polls?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Sep 30 03:24:17 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02050 seconds