FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Confusion about Login Status
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Confusion about Login Status [message #20211] Sat, 02 October 2004 17:53 Go to next message
wfjmueller is currently offline  wfjmueller   Germany
Using the http://fudforum.org/ (currently on 2.6.7RC1) with Mozilla 1.7 I observe some strange behaviour of the "Login" and "Logout" buttons shown in the headline. Example:
  1. I follow a link to a posting. I'm logged in, the "Logout[]" button is shown
  2. I click on the link to the forum. Still the "Logout[]" button is shown
  3. I click on the link to the category. Now the "Login" button is shown, it looks like that I got logged off.
  4. Same happens when I click "Home".
  5. Clicking in the home page again at the forum I started with, the "Logout []" button reappears.
  6. Cookies are enabled, and I checked that they work.

There seems to be some confusion in the way the login/logout status is handled. I also observed that the "SQ=" string is not longer part of the URL's.
Re: Confusion about Login Status [message #20232 is a reply to message #20211] Mon, 04 October 2004 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I think it could be the browser caching the images for longer then necassary. The SQ prefix is only added to certain URls when you are logged in.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Confusion about Login Status [message #20864 is a reply to message #20232] Sun, 31 October 2004 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia wrote on Mon, 04 October 2004 15:26

I think it could be the browser caching the images for longer then necassary. The SQ prefix is only added to certain URls when you are logged in.

You were almost right. The issue was observed from my home PC, were I run Linux with wwwoffle, a very nice and helpful proxy daemon. However, its caching gets in the way of BB software, so I had all caching for http://fud.prohost.org/ explicitely disabled. At some point the FUD support forum moved to http://fudforum.org/ , and I simply forgot to disable caching for this domain... Sorry for the confusion.
Re: Confusion about Login Status [message #20868 is a reply to message #20864] Sun, 31 October 2004 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
FYI the forum sends anti-chaching headers whenever a request changes the SQ value. If you are having problems with proxies (enabled) it probably means that the proxy is not following the spec and ingoring the anti-cache headers.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Confusion about Login Status [message #20872 is a reply to message #20868] Sun, 31 October 2004 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Correct. wwwoffle actually has many options, some of them allow to ignore certain anti-caching headers. This may be useful with some paranoid sites which disallow all caching. In my config all this was supposedly disabled, but nevertheless I got problems with FUD sites. That only disappeared when I disabled all caching for forum sites. Likely that I simply don't know how to configure wwwoffle Sad .
Re: Confusion about Login Status [message #20874 is a reply to message #20872] Sun, 31 October 2004 18:28 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Well, if it is of any help FUDforum sends all 3 anti-caching headers which are: Expires, Cache-Control and Pragma. Perhaps, using their names you can find the appropriate settings for your proxy.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Unable to Update (Some) Newsgroup rules.
Next Topic: SQL error on upgrade
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Sep 14 00:46:42 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03983 seconds