FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » E-mail confirmation problem
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
E-mail confirmation problem [message #22108] Sat, 15 January 2005 22:18 Go to next message
Mathieu is currently offline  Mathieu   France
I have an e-mail confirmation problem with FUDforum 2.6.9RC1.

When a user subscribes to the forum, the URL link sent via e-mail to confirm the account can be wrong.

I wonder what the problem is.
Re: E-mail confirmation problem [message #22131 is a reply to message #22108] Mon, 17 January 2005 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Are you referring to the registration confirmation?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: E-mail confirmation problem [message #22151 is a reply to message #22131] Mon, 17 January 2005 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Exactly.

There are users who can't confirm their account when they follow the link sent via e-mail.
Re: E-mail confirmation problem [message #22152 is a reply to message #22151] Mon, 17 January 2005 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Do they get any errors? Please provide an example URL so we can look at it.

BTW: Have you checked for errors in your Apache error_log and "Error Log Viewer" in FUDforum's Admin Control Panel?

Best regards.

Frank
Re: E-mail confirmation problem [message #22157 is a reply to message #22152] Mon, 17 January 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They do get an error. They can't access the URL: the corresponding page is not found.

I had problems with members using Hotmail and Wanadoo e-mail addresses; but I didn't check every user.

Unfortunatly, I have no example URLs to give for the moment. I was thinking about a problem with the e-mail client, but I'm not sure.

Are there known problems with some Windows e-mail clients?

Unless there is something wrong with the FUDforum settings. I have the Registration Time Limit set to "-1", which means registrations aren't limited: is this can cause a problem?

[Updated on: Mon, 17 January 2005 23:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: E-mail confirmation problem [message #22158 is a reply to message #22157] Mon, 17 January 2005 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Well, try registering on your own forum and see what address is being sent. If that address works, then the bug is not with a forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: E-mail confirmation problem [message #22391 is a reply to message #22158] Tue, 01 February 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have registered, and now I know what the problem is: the confirmation address sent via e-mail is incomplete!

In my case, I don't have "http://forum.nolwenn.org/" (the forum address) at the beginning, so of course, the confirmation address can't work, and there isn't any link.

I've been able to confirm the account by typing "http://forum.nolwenn.org/", and doing a copy-paste of the incomplete confirmation address.

But, I wonder why the address is not complete. The same problem occurs when receiving private message notifications.
Re: E-mail confirmation problem [message #22394 is a reply to message #22391] Tue, 01 February 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Do you have $WWW_ROOT set to your forum's address in GLOBALS.php?

Best regards.

Frank
Re: E-mail confirmation problem [message #22412 is a reply to message #22394] Tue, 01 February 2005 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Of course, I have $WWW_ROOT properly set. And if it weren't the case, I think new reply notifications would have the same problem.

However, I forgot to add that the "E-mail to a friend" feature has also the URL problem.

I think it has something to do with the French translation; and I'm quite sure that if I set the forum language to English, the problem would disappear.
Re: E-mail confirmation problem [message #22414 is a reply to message #22412] Tue, 01 February 2005 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Entirely possible, see if you can confirm that the problem is particular to the French translation and does not pose problems for the English one.
If that is the case I'll try to debug the French translation.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: E-mail confirmation problem [message #22416 is a reply to message #22414] Wed, 02 February 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can try to do some tests with the forum in English, but right now, I don't think all the members connected would agree to have the forum in English!

By the way, when I registered to your forum, it was 2.6.9RC1, and the e-mail confirmation URL was OK.
Re: E-mail confirmation problem [message #22418 is a reply to message #22416] Wed, 02 February 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I set the forum language to English, and I tested private message notifications and "e-mail to friend" with success: the sent URL is complete.

But, when I changed the forum language back to French, the problem described above reappeared.
Re: E-mail confirmation problem [message #22422 is a reply to message #22418] Wed, 02 February 2005 15:42 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Fixed in CVS.

Here is the patch:
http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/filediff?f=install/forum_data/t hm/default/i18n/french/msg&v1=1.109&v2=1.110

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Customer complaint
Next Topic: Bug in search.php (PHP problem, solution inside)
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Jul 08 03:07:49 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03847 seconds