FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Time to up grade
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Time to up grade [message #22251] Mon, 24 January 2005 14:33 Go to next message
scoutzilla is currently offline  scoutzilla   United States

My forum version is 2.6.0. I recently have been getting this message related to images:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'mod ON mod.forum_id=t.forum_id AND mod.user_id=294 LEFT JOIN fud_mime mm ON m' at line 8
Query: SELECT mm.mime_hdr, a.original_name, a.location, m.id, mod.id, ((CASE WHEN g2.id IS NOT NULL THEN g2.group_cache_opt ELSE g1.group_cache_opt END) & 2) > 0, a.fsize FROM fud_attach a INNER JOIN fud_msg m ON a.message_id=m.id AND a.attach_opt=0 INNER JOIN fud_thread t ON m.thread_id=t.id INNER JOIN fud_group_cache g1 ON g1.user_id=2147483647 AND g1.resource_id=t.forum_id LEFT JOIN fud_mod mod ON mod.forum_id=t.forum_id AND mod.user_id=294 LEFT JOIN fud_mime mm ON mm.id=a.mime_type LEFT JOIN fud_group_cache g2 ON g2.user_id=294 AND g2.resource_id=t.forum_id WHERE a.id=402
Server Version: 4.1.8a-ProHosting-SMP

Do I try to get this fixed before I upgrade or will an upgrade fix this?

Thanks for any help..

Got Torque?
Re: Time to up grade [message #22253 is a reply to message #22251] Mon, 24 January 2005 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
An upgrade will fix it, the problem was that "mod" is a keyword in later version of MySQL and cannot be used as column alias.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Time to up grade [message #22263 is a reply to message #22253] Tue, 25 January 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

This is What I did.

Downloaded and unZipped the NoZLib compression upgrade script
Uploaded in "auto mode" to my forum WWW dir. Using my hosting service file manager.

Ran the upgrade script with my browser and got this

Checking if SQL permissions to perform the upgrade are avaliable
Disable the forum
Forum is now disabled
Beginning the file upgrade process
Begining to decompress the archive
Finished decompressing the archive
File Upgrade Complete
Any changed files were backed up to: "/usr/home/web/users/123456/html/fforum/data/errors/.backup/"

Beginning SQL Upgrades
MySQL Error: #1062 (Duplicate entry 'Mark' for key 4): ALTER TABLE fud_users CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET latin1

I get this screen to log in

Getting new plugs and an oil change. Check back soon.
Administrators can login here

But when I try to log in that takes me to the dreaded Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster(at)dns-solutions(dot)net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----

Apache/2.0.50 (Unix) FrontPage/5.0.2.2626 Server at www.scoutswest.com Port 80

am I just a clutz? or is my hosting service outdated?

I ran the php test script and they are running PHP Version 4.3.10

Got Torque?

[Updated on: Tue, 25 January 2005 03:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Time to up grade [message #22267 is a reply to message #22263] Tue, 25 January 2005 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The SQL upgrade process didn't complete hence the further errors that you are seeing. Can you try running the upgrade script for FUDforum 2.6.10RC1?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Time to up grade [message #22269 is a reply to message #22267] Tue, 25 January 2005 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ok, I downloaded 2.6.10RC1 and ran the script. This is what I get:

Checking if SQL permissions to perform the upgrade are avaliable
Disable the forum
Forum is now disabled
Beginning the file upgrade process
Begining to decompress the archive
Finished decompressing the archive
File Upgrade Complete
Any changed files were backed up to: "/usr/home/web/users/123456/html/fforum/data/errors/.backup/"

Beginning SQL Upgrades
SQL Upgrades Complete
Adding GLOBAL Variables
Compiling theme default

Executing Consistency Checker (if the popup with the consistency checker failed to appear you MUST click here
PLEASE REMOVE THIS FILE (/usr/home/web/users/123456/html/fforum/www/upgrade.php) UPON COMPLETION OF THE UPGRADE PROCESS.
THIS IS IMPERATIVE, OTHERWISE ANYONE COULD RUN THIS SCRIPT!

When I "Click here" I'm back to:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster(at)dns-solutions(dot)net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----

Apache/2.0.50 (Unix) FrontPage/5.0.2.2626 Server at scoutswest.com Port 80

Got Torque?
Re: Time to up grade [message #22271 is a reply to message #22269] Tue, 25 January 2005 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Are you using php-cgi? It sounds like the Apache server is crashing?

Have you tried accessing the forum's admin control panel via your_forum_url/adm/ ?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Time to up grade [message #22274 is a reply to message #22271] Tue, 25 January 2005 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I can run the test.php script and see
Server API CGI

Could not get into the admin cp at my_forum/www/adm tried adminlogin.php and index.php.

The rest of my site is working fine.

Thanks for the great fast help

Update, I spent quite a while on the phone with my hosting service and from what they say the upgrade script is stopping at the begining of the consist.php file....hope that helps getting me back up.

Update 2, so much for my hosting service helping out. I went back to my forum and was able to get in. The update took however I can not view any postings, only the first page comes up. This is what I get when trying to view a post.

(/usr/home/web/users/123456/html/fforum/www/index.php:125
/usr/home/web/users/123456/html/fforum/www/index.php:221
/usr/home/web/users/123456/html/fforum/www/theme/default/tree.php:684
/usr/home/web/users/123456/html/fforum/www/index.php:1174
) 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND tr.user_id=294 LEFT JOIN fud_read r ON r.thread_id=t.id AND r.user_id=' at line 17
Query: SELECT c.id AS cat_id, f.name, m.subject, t.id, t.forum_id, t.replies, t.rating, t.n_rating, t.root_msg_id, t.moved_to, t.thread_opt, t.root_msg_id, t.last_post_date, tn.thread_id AS subscribed, mo.forum_id AS md, tr.thread_id AS cant_rate, r.last_view, r2.last_view AS last_forum_view, tv.pos AS th_pos, tv.page AS th_page, m2.thread_id AS last_thread, (CASE WHEN g2.id IS NOT NULL THEN g2.group_cache_opt ELSE g1.group_cache_opt END) AS group_cache_opt FROM fud_thread t INNER JOIN fud_msg m ON m.id=t.root_msg_id INNER JOIN fud_forum f ON f.id=t.forum_id INNER JOIN fud_cat c ON f.cat_id=c.id INNER JOIN fud_thread_view tv ON tv.forum_id=t.forum_id AND tv.thread_id=t.id INNER JOIN fud_msg m2 ON f.last_post_id=m2.id LEFT JOIN fud_thread_notify tn ON tn.user_id=294 AND tn.thread_id=1317 LEFT JOIN fud_mod mo ON mo.user_id=294 AND mo.forum_id=t.forum_id LEFT JOIN fud_thread_rate_track tr ON tr.thread_id= AND tr.user_id=294 LEFT JOIN fud_read r ON r.thread_id=t.id AND r.user_id=294 LEFT JOIN fud_forum_read r2 ON r2.forum_id=t.forum_id AND r2.user_id=294 INNER JOIN fud_group_cache g1 ON g1.user_id=2147483647 AND g1.resource_id=f.id LEFT JOIN fud_group_cache g2 ON g2.user_id=294 AND g2.resource_id=f.id WHERE t.id=1317
_GET: t=tree&goto=4156&rid=294&
Server Version: 4.1.8a-ProHosting-SMP
[Referring Page] http://www.scoutswest.com/fforum/www/index.php?t=threadt&frm_id=18& rid=294

Update 3, it seems that I only get the above mess. when in Flat View??. When I go to Tree View I don't see any problems!

Update 4, now that all the dust has settled. It looks like all is well! Could it be that it just takes some time for the upgrade code to trickle down thur the system before one should start checking for any errors?

Got Torque?

[Updated on: Tue, 25 January 2005 21:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Time to up grade [message #22277 is a reply to message #22274] Tue, 25 January 2005 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The SQL error you saw is likely to be fixed by this:
http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=3274

As for the rest, as long as it works all is good. Technically once the consistency checker finishes (you did run it, right?) you should be fully updated without any delays.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Time to up grade [message #22279 is a reply to message #22277] Tue, 25 January 2005 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I think I will just wait for the next update and try to update more often. Not to savy with CVS stuff. My forum is working just fine now in both Tree and Flat Views. Yes I ran the cons. checker once I was able to get in to the Admin CP.

BTW, the last time I upload loaded the upgrade script was in binary (per my hosting service request) and one thing I didn't do and maybe should have? is to disable the forum before I ran the upgrade script?

Fud Rocks!

Got Torque?
Re: Time to up grade [message #22280 is a reply to message #22279] Tue, 25 January 2005 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The upgrade script will automatically disable the forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Time to up grade [message #23441 is a reply to message #22280] Wed, 16 March 2005 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Is it correct to upload update scripts in binary?

I want to move up to 2.6.12RC2 from 2.6.10RC1

thanks for the great support...

Got Torque?
Re: Time to up grade [message #23443 is a reply to message #23441] Wed, 16 March 2005 15:45 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Yes, the upgrade/install scripts should be uploaded in BINARY mode.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Minor typo in Moderator/User Manager.
Next Topic: Email notification language
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 14:45:30 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02040 seconds