FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Issue with rdf.php and rdf_parser.php
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Issue with rdf.php and rdf_parser.php [message #23335] Sun, 13 March 2005 01:03 Go to next message
kenjb is currently offline  kenjb   United States
First let me say how much I enjoy using FUD forum. Thank you for all of your hard work and the input of all of your loyal users. Smile

I'm attempting to use the rdf to post last posted messages of my own FUD forum to my main page. Although I seem to have it working and tweaked to match my site as far as output goes, it doesn't seem to be showing the last posted messages. Rather, it shows the messages just starting from the top of the message forum and down by "n".

Here is the top of my rdf_parser.php file:

<?php
/* path to the rdf file you wish to read */

$path_to_rdf = "http://www.mysite.com/forums/rdf.php?mode=t&|=1&n=8";

/* parsing mode, what are we parsing, 'message', 'topic' or 'user' data */

$mode = 'message';
?>

of course "mysite" has the domain name in it instead of what I typed here. I made a small edit to not show the actuall message text here:

<?php
if (!isset($this->reply_to_id) && $this->reply_to_title != $this->title) {
            echo
'&nbsp;<b>In Reply To:</b> <a href="'.$this->forum_url.'?t=rview&amp;th='.$this->topic_id.'&amp;id='.$this->reply_to_id.'" class="body2"> '.$this->reply_to_title.'</a><br />';
        }

/* commented out next line to not show the message for side block kjb Also added the <hr> tag below */
        /*echo "<b>Message:</b><br /><blockquote>\n".$this->body."\n</blockquote><br />";*/

echo '<hr size="1" color="#000000">';
?>

The output is acceptable in all ways except by NOT showing the last posted messages. I do have a small exception and might suggest that creating a cache for 60 minutes might also be helpful so as not to query the database on every load. Maybe that is included in the code and I'm not aware of it, please advise.

I'll attach a screenshot of the output in the browser.

I can hack some code but I'm not the best php programmer around, so using code that has been posted elsewhere on the FUDforum to show the last posted messages was not helpful to me, although interesting. I did play with that code for a couple of hours and never got that to work, at all.

Thank you in advance for your time
  • Attachment: output.gif
    (Size: 26.48KB, Downloaded 753 times)

kenjb
Re: Issue with rdf.php and rdf_parser.php [message #23340 is a reply to message #23335] Sun, 13 March 2005 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The part that confuses me is the "|=1" there is not parameter such as this in the rdf feed. I can only assume it was the letter l?

If "l" param is specified it will sort descending order based on message post date.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Issue with rdf.php and rdf_parser.php [message #23342 is a reply to message #23335] Sun, 13 March 2005 06:18 Go to previous message
kenjb is currently offline  kenjb   United States
That parameter confused me as well. Now that I change it to "l" as in "Lima" so lima=1 it works as advertised. Wink

Let me just put those to characters side by side here for a second.

l|

Thanks again

kenjb
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: urgent, lost the files under forum directory :(
Next Topic: Renaming index.php and wrapping forums
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 11:28:12 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02793 seconds