FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Messages scrambled/Consistency check error
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Messages scrambled/Consistency check error [message #25624] Wed, 15 June 2005 20:12 Go to next message
keneisman is currently offline  keneisman   United States
All of my messages are scrambled. They contain readable words and sentences, but they are not the correct body for that or any other message. When I run a consistency check, everything checks done until this check:

Checking for presence of forum lock tables
(c:\GEMSForumData\include\theme\default\db.inc:122
c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\GEMSforum\adm\consist.php:266
) 1050: Table 'gemsforum_fl_1' already exists
Query: CREATE TABLE GEMSForum_fl_1 (id INT)
_POST: conf=Yes&S=17c0e7d8660b402d69708f067bbe8be6&SQ=05afa00782b56ddcf63c 2c2b381d4d28&
Server Version: 4.1.11-nt
[Referring Page] http://mail.co.matagorda.tx.us/GEMSforum/adm/consist.php?S=17c0e7d8660b402d 69708f067bbe8be6&SQ=05afa00782b56ddcf63c2c2b381d4d28

System Configuration
PHP built On: Windows NT MAIL01 5.2 build 3790
Database Version: 4.1.11-nt
PHP Version: 5.0.4
Web Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
WebServer to PHP interface: isapi
Forum Version: 2.6.12
Relavent PHP Settings: Safe Mode: OFF
Open basedir: none
Display Errors: OFF
File Uploads: ON
Magic Quotes: OFF
Register Globals: OFF
Output Buffering: Yes
Disabled Functions: none
PSpell Support: No
Zlib Support: Yes

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ken
Re: Messages scrambled/Consistency check error [message #25625 is a reply to message #25624] Wed, 15 June 2005 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Upgrade to a later version of the forum, then run the consistency checker.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Messages scrambled/Consistency check error [message #25626 is a reply to message #25625] Wed, 15 June 2005 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the quick response. I thought about upgrading but I was afraid that I might compound my problems if I didn't fix the consistency error first.

I've tried running the upgrade but I get this error during the upgrade process:

Beginning SQL Upgrades
MySQL Error: #1075 (Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key): ALTER TABLE GEMSForum_thread_view CHANGE pos pos INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT

Thanks
Ken
Re : Messages scrambled/Consistency check error [message #25627 is a reply to message #25624] Wed, 15 June 2005 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DogManStar is currently offline  DogManStar   France
Very strange, it seems your Forum_thread_view structure is wrong.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. Time ... to die.
Re: Messages scrambled/Consistency check error [message #25630 is a reply to message #25626] Wed, 15 June 2005 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The table is a cache one, so you can just drop it, the upgrade script will rebuild it from scratch.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Messages scrambled/Consistency check error [message #25632 is a reply to message #25630] Wed, 15 June 2005 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried to drop the table... I thought I did it. But I get the same error during the upgrade. The command and response I used in mysql was:

drop table GEMSForum_thread_view;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

Thanks
Ken
Re: Messages scrambled/Consistency check error [message #25634 is a reply to message #25632] Wed, 15 June 2005 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Can you please tell me the output of the following query:

show create table GEMSForum_thread_view

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Messages scrambled/Consistency check error [message #25635 is a reply to message #25634] Wed, 15 June 2005 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is the result of show create table GEMSForum_thread_view:

+-----------------------+-------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---+
| Table | Create Table

|
+-----------------------+-------------------------------------------------- -----
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---+
| GEMSForum_thread_view | CREATE TABLE `gemsforum_thread_view` (
`forum_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`page` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`thread_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`pos` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
UNIQUE KEY `GEMSForum_thread_view_i_fps` (`forum_id`,`page`,`pos`),
KEY `GEMSForum_thread_view_i_ft` (`forum_id`,`thread_id`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 |
+-----------------------+-------------------------------------------------- -----
1 row in set (0.02 sec)

I'm sorry it's so ugly. If there's a better way to capture the output, let me know and I'll do it.

Thanks Ken
Re: Messages scrambled/Consistency check error [message #25636 is a reply to message #25635] Wed, 15 June 2005 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Ok I see your problem Smile

The defenition of the GEMSForum_thread_view table requires it to be MyISAM not InnoDB. I am guessing your MySQL is configured to default to InnoDB table type?

What you need to do is manually change the type of the table to MyISAM and then re-run the upgrade script.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Messages scrambled/Consistency check error [message #25638 is a reply to message #25636] Wed, 15 June 2005 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, I'm sorry to be such a pain, but how do I change the table type? It looks like all the tables are the InnoDB type. Do I need to change them all? I've tried changing the startup configuration to not use InnoDB but then I can't connect to any of the tables.

Thanks for all your help.
Ken
Re: Messages scrambled/Consistency check error [message #25639 is a reply to message #25638] Wed, 15 June 2005 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
This is the only table for which the table type is relavent. To change the type run:

alter table GEMSForum_thread_view ENGINE=MyISAM;

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Messages scrambled/Consistency check error [message #25640 is a reply to message #25639] Wed, 15 June 2005 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks you VERY much! That has helped tremendously. Now I only get the following warnings when I run the update:

Notice: Undefined index: LANGUAGE in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\gemsforum\upgrade.php on line 1291

Notice: Undefined index: LOCALE in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\gemsforum\upgrade.php on line 1291
Adding GLOBAL Variables
Compiling theme default

Warning: file_get_contents(c:/GEMSForumData/thm/default/i18n//charset) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\GEMSForumData\include\compiler.inc on line 608
Missing Message entry custom_avatar_queue inside i18n//msg

I don't think these are a real problem, but now, I can't log back into the forum. I get the 'forum disabled' page, but when I try to log in as an administrator, it tells me I don't have administrator credentials. Unless I'm going nuts (a distinct possiblity) I know I'm using the right username/password for adminstration.

Thanks again
Ken
Re: Messages scrambled/Consistency check error [message #25642 is a reply to message #25640] Wed, 15 June 2005 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Do you have any values inside the themes table, if so, are any returned when you add "WHERE (theme_opt & 3) > 0" to the query?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Messages scrambled/Consistency check error [message #25643 is a reply to message #25642] Wed, 15 June 2005 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 17:48

Do you have any values inside the themes table, if so, are any returned when you add "WHERE (theme_opt & 3) > 0" to the query?

Yes, 1 row is returned both with and without the WHERE clause.

However, lang and locale fields are both empty.

[Updated on: Wed, 15 June 2005 22:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Messages scrambled/Consistency check error [message #25644 is a reply to message #25643] Wed, 15 June 2005 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Set the language value to "english" and locale value to "c" and then re-run the upgrade script.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Messages scrambled/Consistency check error [message #25645 is a reply to message #25644] Wed, 15 June 2005 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I've totally screwed something up. When I try to re-run the upgrade script, I can't login. I click the 'authenticate' button and I just get the blank login dialogue again.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Ken
Re: Messages scrambled/Consistency check error [message #25646 is a reply to message #25645] Thu, 16 June 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keneisman wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 18:21

I think I've totally screwed something up. When I try to re-run the upgrade script, I can't login. I click the 'authenticate' button and I just get the blank login dialogue again.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Ken

I'm quoting myself. I think I've done a really stupid thing. When you mentioned that my MySQL was defaulting to creating InnoDB tables, I got the impression that that was a bad thing so I changed the default engine in my.ini to MyISAM. Well, when I ran the update, all the tables changed to MyISAM. Now they all appear empty! Sad It looks like the original database file is still in the MySQL InnoDB Datafiles directory. Is there ANY way to get that data back into the forum tables?

I'm desparate. It's all my fault. I should be shot. I really need some help.

Thanks a lot.
Ken
Re: Messages scrambled/Consistency check error [message #25647 is a reply to message #25646] Thu, 16 June 2005 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Before making any changes make a backup and talk to folks in #mysql channel on freenode. They may be able to help you recover the data.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re : Messages scrambled/Consistency check error [message #25667 is a reply to message #25624] Thu, 16 June 2005 17:07 Go to previous message
DogManStar is currently offline  DogManStar   France
It's always a good idea to backup your database even if you're not working on it.
I use this script to do the job with a cron :
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dbbackup/

Good luck

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. Time ... to die.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Zip file corruption
Next Topic: Blank page instead of Forum welcome page
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 03:12:52 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02371 seconds