FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » "More unread messages"
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
"More unread messages" [message #3062] Mon, 10 June 2002 10:12 Go to next message
UserTom is currently offline  UserTom   United States
Protoss, Hackie-

FUD has become a fantastic forums package! Thanks for all your hard work.

Just a suggestion:

When viewing the unread messages, I've noticed that when I've come to the last page, there is still a link that reads "More unread messages". Is there any way to that you could have that link disappear when one gets to the last page?

Not a big deal, but it would make FUD look a bit more polished.

-Tom
Re: "More unread messages" [message #3064 is a reply to message #3062] Mon, 10 June 2002 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The link is there, because the unread messages you are seeing will not get marked unread until that link is clicked upon. Coicedently, the same link would also show more unread messages if there any.

FUDforum Core Developer
icon10.gif  Re: "More unread messages" [message #3072 is a reply to message #3062] Tue, 11 June 2002 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous   United States
adc
Re: "More unread messages" [message #3117 is a reply to message #3072] Wed, 12 June 2002 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ala1 is currently offline  Ala1   Germany
Another possibility would be to integrate a feature with the last 10, 20 or 50 postings for example like in the Woltlab-Forum (see attached screenhsot).
The advance here in comparison to the function "today's posts" is that the user doesn't have to read all messages. He can see with one short view the newest posting-topics and if he is interested in one of them, he can directly click on them.
Re: "More unread messages" [message #3168 is a reply to message #3064] Wed, 12 June 2002 21:11 Go to previous message
UserTom is currently offline  UserTom   United States
Quote:

The link is there, because the unread messages you are seeing will not get marked unread until that link is clicked upon. Coicedently, the same link would also show more unread messages if there any.

Understood, but wouldn't it be more clear when the user reaches the end of the unread posts to have a link that said "Reset unread messages" instead of "More..." The link could even take the user back to the main forum page. See? Nice and clean!

You don't have to tell me that I am being picky 'cause I already know... Smile

-Tom M
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Postgresql database support
Next Topic: Topics list in a forum also in tree-view!?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Oct 06 17:11:07 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02076 seconds