FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » I can't get my confirmation email to go out..
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
I can't get my confirmation email to go out.. [message #29300] Sat, 10 December 2005 06:30 Go to next message
dean is currently offline  dean   United States
I'm realy new to this so go slow and easy. This is my Fudforum.
http://forum.datasound.us/forum
Everything else seems to be working the way it should be. I have Email Confirmation: enabled. But no email are being sent out. I have tried using smtp but it times out and gives an error. I also tryed to use the forums built in email client which I would prefer to use. But first tell me this. My forum is loaded to a subdomain. Could this have anything to do with it. I'm guessing not. Maybe someone can help me out here.
Re: I can't get my confirmation email to go out.. [message #29303 is a reply to message #29300] Sat, 10 December 2005 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I just noticed while adding another email, that my hosting doesn't allow/use SMTP. It suggest I use my ISP's outgoing mail server when configuring Outlook Express accounts. Would I be able to use that same SMTP server for FUDforum male? Again bare with me. First timer here.
Re: I can't get my confirmation email to go out.. [message #29311 is a reply to message #29300] Sun, 11 December 2005 23:52 Go to previous message
Thanks anyway. I figured it out.

Actually everything is working just fine. Apparently it's the incoming mail servers of the user's that register. The servers are marking the mail as spam or junk and sometimes even deleting it. I have not found a solution to this problem yet, but it's not FudForum. I tested it on every mail account I have and registration emails only went through on Hotmail. It gets put in the junk folder but at least it goes through. I'm sure if I was using SMTP it would have a better chance of surviving the test at most servers but my hosting provider doesn't have SMTP.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 December 2005 03:00]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: No confirmation mail after registration
Next Topic: Please Post Your Solutions
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 13:58:42 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02006 seconds