FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » ATTN: XODNIZEL - fce ultra problems, please can you help?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
ATTN: XODNIZEL - fce ultra problems, please can you help? [message #30686] Wed, 08 March 2006 22:01
louvega is currently offline  louvega   United States
XOD,

Through poking around, I came across your name in reference to FCE Ultra and was hoping that you are the very same infamous Xodnizel who coded FCE Ultra, as I have a problem that I would assume only you could probably answer.

I'm using FCE Ultra and the program works well but it seems a little buggy. If I keep the fceu.exe prog on the desktop along with the .rom files, when I associate the .roms with the prog and double click on them they seemed to work fine. FCE Ultra would open up and run the .rom as it should.

The problem now is that if I put the fceu folder/.exe anywhere else on my PC in any other folder (I would like to put it on the start menu in a folder labeled "games"), when I double click on the .rom I would like to play, FCE Ultra opens but says "error opening *.rom" no matter how I associate the files.

Additionally, since I moved the folders around and tried to associate the files, I put the whole FCE Ultra back on the desktop and now even when I double click on the .rom file I get the same error. The only way I can open the .rom file is by first opening fceu.exe and then going to "file, open" and selecting the .rom.

I'm using fce ultra 0.98.12.win and my computer is an AMD Sempron 2200+, 1.57GHz, 480MB of RAM and I'm running MS XP Pro, SP2.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Lou
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Collapsed/Compact/Open
Next Topic: Possible bug in compiler.inc
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:32:13 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02487 seconds