FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Admin Control was deleted by forum?!
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Admin Control was deleted by forum?! [message #3949] Wed, 10 July 2002 07:28 Go to next message
HS-78 is currently offline  HS-78   Germany
I just created a new theme in the Admin control and after I played around with it some minutes I wanted to delete it. It was not active and just clicked on delete.

On the next page I got some error messages about directory forum/adm/ or so could not be accessed. I don't thought about this much and now only wanted to go into the admin control panel again, BUT it is not there anymore !!!

My forum still works, but if I want to enter the admin control I get an 'page cannot found'.
And if I take a look with the browser in forum/adm/ there is only a CVS directory and the globals.php

So what do I have to do now???

Oh, I forgot, I'm using version 2.2.1 and PHP is version 4.2.1.

[Updated on: Wed, 10 July 2002 07:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Admin Control was deleted by forum?! [message #3951 is a reply to message #3949] Wed, 10 July 2002 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
computer_dan is currently offline  computer_dan   Canada

Hey..this is sounding like the same problem that I had. You can find it in the same forum...but the title is "Cannot access Admin Control Panel anymore".

After a short while, the forum actually stopped working. It gave me one of those access denied errors (error 403 i think).

Re: Admin Control was deleted by forum?! [message #3952 is a reply to message #3949] Wed, 10 July 2002 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It may be the same, but too me it looks different, as I think the files inside the /forum/adm directory were deleted. And the error occured not during an update process ...

So thnx for the information, but I don't know if it helps me.

Oh, and by the way the forum is still working, but without the admin control it is a bit limited.

[Updated on: Wed, 10 July 2002 12:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Admin Control was deleted by forum?! [message #3955 is a reply to message #3952] Wed, 10 July 2002 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
This is one of the bugs that will be resolved by the 2.2.2 release, the upgrade script will re-create the the admin control panels when it runs.
If you want you can create an upgrade script from the CVS and upgrade your forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Admin Control was deleted by forum?! [message #3956 is a reply to message #3949] Wed, 10 July 2002 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thnx for the info, that calms me down a lot Smile

I will wait then for 2.2.2

So long, HS.
Re: Admin Control was deleted by forum?! [message #4000 is a reply to message #3949] Thu, 11 July 2002 15:47 Go to previous message
BugLaden is currently offline  BugLaden   United States
You can restore the deleted adm files from the fud_data/errors/.backup directory. The php names are mangled but it only takes a couple of minutes to renamed them to their proper status.

Just copy them to your adm directory, rename them. I run Apache and had to additionally set the owner of the files to the apache user, so you might have to do something similar.

-=BugLaden
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: forum logo only shows up on main page
Next Topic: Cookies Get Zapped
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jul 06 05:45:41 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02498 seconds