FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » GLOBALS.php Exploded
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
GLOBALS.php Exploded [message #39616] Tue, 13 November 2007 06:42 Go to next message
radixius is currently offline  radixius   United States
So, I can't find GLOBALS.php anywhere in my forum's directory, nor the adm/ directory, it's as if it just kind of disappeared. Is there any way I can rectify this problem, or am I going to have to do a fresh reinstall?

If, mayhaps, worse comes to worst, is there any way I can keep the data that was on my old forum, or am I pretty much S.O.L?
Re: GLOBALS.php Exploded [message #39620 is a reply to message #39616] Wed, 14 November 2007 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
the file is located inside the include directory.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: GLOBALS.php Exploded [message #39621 is a reply to message #39616] Wed, 14 November 2007 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That folder does not exist, either...
Re: GLOBALS.php Exploded [message #39633 is a reply to message #39616] Wed, 14 November 2007 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ernesto is currently offline  Ernesto   Sweden
It's in the DATA_ROOT/includes/ not the WWW_ROOT

Re: GLOBALS.php Exploded [message #39645 is a reply to message #39616] Wed, 14 November 2007 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Regardless of where it's supposed to be, it does not exist as dictated by the error log, the fact that I cannot upgrade to the newer version and that converter tools to other forum software cannot access it. My main question is if there is something that can be done to salvage my forum and its templates and data or if I'm more or less screwed.
Re: GLOBALS.php Exploded [message #39646 is a reply to message #39616] Wed, 14 November 2007 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ernesto is currently offline  Ernesto   Sweden
I am just a newbie so with reservations of error: If I were you I would do an SQL dump on the database and make backup copies of the folders that contain messages, private messages and attachments.

I think the folders you need are the following:
DATA_ROOT/thm/your_theme_name
DATA_ROOT/files/
DATA_ROOT/messages/

To run a MYSQLdump in a linux enviroment you enter the following
mysqldump --password=yourpass --user=username databasename > backup.sql

After you have done this, install FUDforum again, same version that you are currently running, make sure its working after the install.

Import the database
mysql --password=yourpass --user=username databasename < backup.sql

Copy and replace the files from the backup files.

Run consistency checker, mysql optimizer when asked after the consitency checker. Rebuild the theme. Run an upgradescript to 2.7.7.

Adjust your theme to 2.7.7

[Updated on: Wed, 14 November 2007 20:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: GLOBALS.php Exploded [message #39665 is a reply to message #39616] Sun, 18 November 2007 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd install the previous version I had if not for the fact that every time I do I get this message:

Missing Message entry move_msg_th_expl inside i18n/english/msg

I tried to install FUDForum 2.7.7 but, of course, there were conflicts.

So, now what can I do?
Re: GLOBALS.php Exploded [message #39667 is a reply to message #39665] Sun, 18 November 2007 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
The problem is caused by the fact you have 2.7.7 templates but 2.7.6 translation file. The simplest fix could be to replace your msg file with the one from the 2.7.7 version.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: GLOBALS.php Exploded [message #40175 is a reply to message #39667] Sat, 19 January 2008 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BAD35th is currently offline  BAD35th   Canada
I want to do a data dump / backup of the SQL database similar to what is suggested in this topic...

Problem is I do not know the password for the database...this was created by original admin person who is no longer responsible for running the forum. Can I just overwrite the password in the main page of the Admin console where it says 'database password' ??

Will there be any issues with the forum data ??
I don't want users to lose access to the forum messages etc??

*** Also once I back it up, I want to move the forum to a different server...what are the steps needed ??

Will the database run in MSQL V 5 ?? It is currently running in 4.1...

Thanks in advance!
Re: GLOBALS.php Exploded [message #40186 is a reply to message #40175] Sun, 20 January 2008 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The password for the forum DB can be found inside GLOBALS.php, which you can find inside the forum's include/ directory. If you change it there, it will change as far as the forum is concerned.

As far as running on MySQL v5, yes it will run.

FUDforum Core Developer

[Updated on: Sun, 20 January 2008 15:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: GLOBALS.php Exploded [message #40190 is a reply to message #40186] Sun, 20 January 2008 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BAD35th is currently offline  BAD35th   Canada
Thanks!

Found the pword...I will try the forum running with MSQL V5.

Also new server has php V 4 or V 5...any reaosn not to try 5 ??

Any noticeable difference in forum speeds when using these new versions ?? (Existing forum runs fine, but faster is always welcome).
Re: GLOBALS.php Exploded [message #40196 is a reply to message #40190] Tue, 22 January 2008 01:38 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
MySQL v5 will give you a slightly better performance.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Permissions to only show attachments to registered members?
Next Topic: Remind password
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 15:43:33 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03143 seconds