FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Imported messages » comp.lang.php » button, parameter and reload - How do I glue it all together?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
button, parameter and reload - How do I glue it all together? [message #178785] Fri, 03 August 2012 14:29 Go to previous message
mwoolley is currently offline  mwoolley
I have a webpage, on which the content displayed depends on a parameter passed to or obtained by the webpage. This might be a $_GET variable, a $_SESSION variable or a cookie. I don't mind which is used. (I am open to suggestions as to which is the best method. I think $_SESSION.) When the page is initially displayed, the parameter is unset.

On said page, there is to be a button, which when clicked, will increment the parameter and reload the page. Obviously, the parameter has to have the new value, so the reload causes the page contents to change. This ooperation might be repeated ad-nausem.

Most of the indivual pieces of this (getting the paramter, and having the button reload the page) I can do, but I'm having trouble glueing it all together. I've managed to increment the parameter when the button is pressed, but only by calling an external form tag handler. If I do this, I can't get the page to reload.

By what mechanism, can I have the button increment the parameter and cause the page reload?

I hope this make sense; the old grey matter is addled today!

Thanks in advance.
Martin
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: App2Fame is back: Bigger, Better & Loads of Prizes.
Next Topic: Handling with xmlhttp.responseText
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 19:34:29 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08341 seconds