FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » fudforun still accessing old server
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
fudforun still accessing old server [message #8891] Thu, 27 February 2003 15:22 Go to previous message
esm2002 is currently offline  esm2002   United States
i'm in the process of moving to a new server.

I think the switchover has occurred. I changed the dns and netsol shows the new servers. when i ftp into my old site, i can't use the url - i must use the ip. when i ftp into my new server, i no longer have to use the ip - the url works fine. The data files are being update on the new server and are no longer being updated on the old server.

But when i click on the link to FUDforum, it accesses the old server. I know cause i renamed the FUDforum folder and got a 404 error when i clicked the link. when i corrected the folder, the forum came back.

When I go to the Admin center, i still see the paths to the old server.

And while i have the same folders for FUDforum on my new server, they are completely empty. Except for the install.php.

I upgraded my old FUDforum to the latest version and then did an export. I tried to run the install.php but the browser could not find the file. It is not on the old server but is on the new server.

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Corrupt Archive
Next Topic: Using FUDForum As a Mailing List Gateway
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-