FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Plugins and Code Hacks » Registration authorization via email + small bug fixes
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Registration authorization via email + small bug fixes [message #1301] Thu, 04 April 2002 15:36 Go to previous message
npf77 is currently offline  npf77   France
Hi,

As I needed for my job kind of a private forum, I've hacked the forum code a bit (in a different way than the previous thead...Smile.

Here is what I propose:

*** Registration isn't granted automatically (say after email confirmation) but now, needs a moderator's authorization. Mechanism: once the confirmation email is received and the confirmation via the given URL done, a authorization email is sent to all moderators. This email contains info on the new user and an URL, similar to the confirmation email one's. To grant authorization, a moderator only need to go to this URL. I think this way was easier than a registration queue as proposed in the suggestions forum.
-> changes made:
. add an authorization key (auth_key in fud_users table) to the DB.
. change emailconf.php, users_reg.inc, admuser.php... to play with this new key.

*** bug fixes: can't access forum with anonymous viewing set to NO with a user whose registration isn't complete anymore.

*** restricts view of "Logged in users list" to user with completed registration.

Work may need to be done to modularize this stuff using the control panel rather than XEmacs.

In attachment, a patch file.
to apply patch:

$ tar xvfz forum-v1.2.4.tar.gz
$ cd forum_install
$ patch -p1 < ../forum-v1.2.4-privateforum.patch

--
Pierre.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message