FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Suggestions for fud2
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Suggestions for fud2 [message #1497] Wed, 17 April 2002 20:03 Go to previous message
basse is currently offline  basse   Finland
Hi everyone!

I have at last taken the time to review the alpha version of fud2. As the man behind the Swedish translation I will focus on that, but other things will also be discussed.

• Date formats
    We should really add support for different date formats. In my opinion the i18n isn't for real before it acknowledges that different countries have different ways of writing dates. For instance: in Finland, which is my home country, we write "April 20, 1989" as "20.04.1989". But at the moment fud2 does not seem to know this... Of course this applies also to the user control panel where the birth date setting has the fields in the wrong order.
  • User profile
    The header defaults to a genitive with "'". This does not work in Swedish, where such a construction simply does not exist. A slight fault in the i18n.
    There is a second problem in the user profile as well. The gender seems to be hardcoded in English, as the setting was in Swedish during the registration but suddenly appears in English in the profile view.

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message