FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » CVS Patch
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
CVS Patch [message #1883] Wed, 24 April 2002 05:21 Go to previous message
mauftarkie   United States

Ah, you knew this was coming... Smile

As promised, I worked in FUDforum 2 tonight. Most of tonight was spent trying to wrap my head around the new way of doing things.

I managed to squash a bug, though: gender would default to female if it was set to "unspecified".

I tinkered with the MIME types (and added a few) in def_mime.sql. I based my corrections on the official Apache mime.types that I have on my server.

Everything else is grammar/spelling/consistency fixes.

Now for the bugs I identified, but didn't fix (either due to time or incomprehension on how the code is structured):
compact.php spits out an error (line 133, IIRC) if you try to compact an empty forum (such as one that is freshly installed). I had a patch for it, but I was unclear on some of the process and so I left it out. It was a broken patch anyway.

I guess this isn't really a bug, but it can lead to a problem. I think the install script should force the user to put an email address into NOTIFY_FROM. I say this because:

1. the admin might not know they need to set this value, and
  2. it's used for registration purposes.

A blank "From:" isn't very friendly. Sad

Lastly, I promise I actually installed this patch and played with it before I uploaded it here. I've been sloppy the past few nights and I apologize.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Bug report: changing the language doesn't change the graphic buttons
Next Topic: just a small bug today
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Oct 18 03:03:47 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03278 seconds