FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Can we count views as well as posts?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Can we count views as well as posts? [message #17903] Fri, 23 April 2004 23:52 Go to previous message
WilliamBurns is currently offline  WilliamBurns   United States
Back several weeks ago, under wwwboard, we could get statistics that showed how many page views each topic received, which also added to the total activity statistics for our overall site. We use a limited version of Urchin, which, evidently, totally ignores php files in presenting statistics. Thus our Urchin report shows no page views of the index.php file (that is, the page is totally missing from the list). Since a high percentage of site traffic is on the forums, everybody wants me to see if I can track the lurking activity too. I did find the statistics report on the control panel, but, of course, it only tracks posts. And yet the number of views of a given topic is being tracked and reported with each topic. Can we not utilize that information to generate a periodic count of the total number of topic views? My folks would be delighted if we could get some data for each month. Even if we could just get a grand total of the number of views in the system, we could do arithmetic from month to month with such a number to get an idea of the viewing traffic. Any recommendations?
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Installer Logic
Next Topic: How to Change User Profiles Globally
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]