FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Name for Anonymous and no Session-ID
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Name for Anonymous and no Session-ID [message #18388] Wed, 19 May 2004 22:31 Go to previous message
Xonk is currently offline  Xonk   Germany
Hello,

I love your forum but I have actually some problems:

1) My users are unamazed that they have to register to post with a choosen name. So they write as guest and this is very confusing with all the guests.
I don't looked in your coding till now. But is it possible with no considerable expenditure to make an option in the fudforum to allow guests to post with a name?
- There must be a check if the name is already registered.
- In the list of postings etc. the anonym names should be distinguish from the registred from.

2) Because of problems with google I disabled URL-sessions. But now my registered users have problems to log-in. They don't want to change their cookies-config in the browser.
Will it be possible to allow to register with URL-session, but when starting surfing on the forum, no session-ID will be generated? First when go to login the session-ID should be generated. So the search-bots will not get sessions-URLs.

3) When URL-session is disabled (that's for another forum with other users), there should be a check, if the cookie could be set, otherwise the user should get an message to enable cookies.

4) Sorry for my bad english Wink

Greets,

Sven
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: "curtime" css change.
Next Topic: A few ideas