FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Display common forums and particular forums on 50 different pages
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Display common forums and particular forums on 50 different pages [message #18972] Sat, 19 June 2004 14:06 Go to previous message
jdeibele is currently offline  jdeibele   United States
What we would like to do:

Have specific pages for all 50 US states. Show only state forums to people from that state but also show 2 or 3 common forums (suggestions, how-to, announcements) and give the ability to go to any of the other states should somebody want to (say they're traveling or plan to).

A sample page would be

------
Announcements
Suggestions
How-To
------
State A
Big city #1
Big City #2
Statewide
------
Other states
------

If they picked a small state, they might see:

------
Announcements
Suggestions
How-To
------
State B
Statewide
------
Other states
------

Doing this as web pages seems pretty straight-forward. My main concern with FUDforum is that if someone were to jump to another state (or 2 or 3) we wouldn't want to have them log in again each time.

It doesn't seem likely that this would be a problem. But better to ask now than planning on FUDforum to work in this specific instance.

I'm leaning towards FUDforum over phpBB because I've read praise about how well it's written from a security standpoint. FUDforum has a lot more features than other open source forum programs and isn't tied down with licensing restrictions like vBulletin is (to do xyz.com/state1 ... xyz.com/state50 is 50 licenses). I'm not a programmer or system administrator (which is why I don't just install FUDforum and work with it myself).
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Is „PHP as a cgi-wrapper” instead of „PHP as apache module” a problem?
Next Topic: User groups
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 29 09:20:27 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03843 seconds