FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Addition of SPOILER tags to FUDCode?  () 1 Vote
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  Addition of SPOILER tags to FUDCode? [message #2102] Tue, 30 April 2002 20:01 Go to previous message
DocObvious is currently offline  DocObvious   United States
How difficult would it be to add "spoiler" tag support to the FUDCode tag set? I've been to several messageboards where spoiler tags can be used to change the color of the text between them to the same color as the background of the table cell it's in. If a user highlights the text between the spoiler tags, it becomes readable but those who wish to avoid reading things they shouldn't (the ending of a movie, etc., hence the term "spoiler") can remain blissfully ignorant.

The tags typed by the user would be [spoiler] and [/spoiler]. An example output would look something like this:

[SPOILER]The spoiler tags show around this text, which would be hidden.[/SPOILER]

I've tried a couple of hacks but had no success, mainly because my styles for tableRowA and tableRowB are two different background colors.
[Message index]

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Navigation suggestion
Next Topic: Admin Layout
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-