FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Commercial site
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  Commercial site [message #2627] Mon, 13 May 2002 11:46 Go to previous message
delvar is currently offline  delvar   United Kingdom
I was wondering if i could use this forum in a commercial site, I cant give too much detail but,
Its to be a dating site,
members signup pay a fee
give pictures
descriptions can do search (usual stuff) etc..

I looked around for a quick solution and I found this, it has everything I need all in a simple easy to read package its so well written its fun just reading through the code (ok so im sad Razz)

I want to expand the forum code (especially the user info side)
Change the total look of it (not that there anything wrong with default skin Very Happy) to fit the rest of the site.

‘expand’ parts to cover the rest of the site i.e. user logs into the site front end and doesn’t need to log in again, so they can pass from forum, personal manager, searches etc.

It would require, minor and major changes some rewrites and some new code, I was just wondering if there are any restrictions on the use, and do I have to distribute the code.. being a commercial site I don’t want to give it away when someone’s paying me to build it but I don’t mind giving away little bits others might find useful.

Either way this is one great forum you have better than some pay ones iv seen, good job.

Hay 'tis anuver usles sig!
[Message index]

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message icon6.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon7.gif