FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » FUDforum in eGroupWare » Weird repsesentation of greek language
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  Weird repsesentation of greek language [message #25147] Fri, 27 May 2005 15:41 Go to previous message
foris is currently offline  foris   Greece
Hi everyone!

I have installed eGroupWare on my personal PC in order to test it's abilities, as a tool for collaboration of people spread around the world. FudForum is more than essential to serve my purpose.

Though I'm not currently interested in translating the tool in greek, it's essential for me to be able to create forums and post messages in greek.

I tried it in my custom setup and got some weird results. When I try to create a new category with a greek title, the title entered is trimmed to the size of 10 characters. The description is shown as entered. Then, when I try to create a new forum under that category, the forum title is presented as a unicode string (i.e. Γειά) while the forum description is again shown as entered!

I am able though to post a message and create a topic in greek, without any problem.

Is there a specific limitation concerning the greek language?. Is it a matter of the database setup?

Any ideas will be greately appreciated! Thanks in advance.

PS The details of my setup are:
eGroupWare 1.0.0.006
FUDforum 2.6.0 (FUDeGW)
Win XP SP1
IIS/5.1
PHP v5.0.2
MySQL Server ver 4.1
[Message index]

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message icon3.gif
Read Message