FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Problem with pruning topics
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Problem with pruning topics [message #26907] Sat, 20 August 2005 06:59 Go to previous message
falcon15121978 is currently offline  falcon15121978   United Kingdom
Hi,

This is my first post to the forum, and please excuse me if this is the wrong place to post it.

To start off with i had FUDForum version 2.3.x. My basic problem was i could not prune old threads. When select prune threads and select threads older than 5 months it show me another page saying there are 4000 entries to be deleted, are you sure.

I press the yes to confirm the delete. The browser(firefox) is waiting for some information back from the forum. After a while. the browser just stops / disconnects from the server.

Then i hit a back and go back to thread pruning and select threads older than 5 months, it shows me approx 3960. So manages to delete a very few.

Assuming that it was a problem or bug which was present in the old version of the forum, I upgraded it to the current version. There did not seem to be any obvious issues during the upgrade process. I did not get any sort of feedback on to the browser after the upgrade, nor did it start the consistency check automatically.

After got about 3 or 4 hours the browser disconnected. and when i tried reconnecting the forum seemed to have updated.

With the updated forum, i still have the same issue with pruning threads. I have approx 800000 messages and 52000 topics. So i would like to clean up the forum and make it light weight.

Below is my system configuration.

PHP built On: 2.4.18-1-686-smp #1 SMP Sun Feb 1 04:12:27 MST 2004 i686
Database Version: 3.23.49-log
PHP Version: 4.3.3
Web Server: Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) Debian GNU/Linux PHP/4.3.3
WebServer to PHP interface: apache
Forum Version: 2.6.15
Relavent PHP Settings:
Safe Mode: OFF
Open basedir: none
Display Errors: OFF
File Uploads: ON
Magic Quotes: ON
Register Globals: ON
Output Buffering: No
Disabled Functions:none
PSpell Support: No
Zlib Support: Yes

Thanks a lot in advance. I have just recently started to maintain this fudform that i am talking about. So if i am forseeing something which is pretty obvious please excuse me.

Bye the way, every time i try to do a consistency check it does come up with some erros and says deleted so many rows etc. but nothing critical/failed as such.

regards
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message