FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Importing archive mailing lists (existing mailing lists) into FUDforum
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Importing archive mailing lists (existing mailing lists) into FUDforum [message #31082] Thu, 30 March 2006 20:54 Go to previous message
DanielMD is currently offline  DanielMD   Portugal
Hi,

I need to setup a forum that has the ability to comunicate with a longtime existing mailing list, i have some questions if someone could help me it would be great Wink

I need to create a forum and have a section/category that serves as a gateway to a mailing list that already exists, is this possible?

How do i read the archived mailing list and upload it to the FUDforum?In this case the netbeans mailing list nbusers.

I want users to be able to reply to topics from the forum and from the mailing list, without having to visit the forum (reply using the email client) and have those post showup in the forum. Under a catefory "What's up on the mailing lists". I want a category that monitors a mailing list or many and post messages to a "special" thread.

What i want is to setup the forums so that they are not disruptive of the mailing list, but have more advanced content in the Forums, at the same time i want the mailing list users to be able to participate on the forum.

By the way can i embed Flash movies in FUDforums ?

Thanks In Advanced,
All the Best,
Dan

[Updated on: Thu, 30 March 2006 20:55]

Report message to a moderator

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Making other pages using the same loginfo
Next Topic: Login in and out via the API
Goto Forum: