FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Cookies Get Zapped
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Cookies Get Zapped [message #4006] Thu, 11 July 2002 19:22 Go to previous message
james is currently offline  james   United States
I have 3 computers networked at my house. If I login to one at any FUDforum, I can stay logged in for as long as the cookie says it will stay logged in (30 days, for example) without having to re-input my name and password. However, if I login from one computer one night, then login from another computer the next night, when I go back to the first computer, I have to re-input my name and password. (I'm not talking about simultaneous logins; I'm saying that the original cookie becomes invalid after I access the forum from another computer).

I do not believe this is a universal cookie error; if I follow the above procedure with a site such as DSLReports, my cookies remain on all 3 computers and still keep me logged in. I believe it only occurs with FUDforum.

I will do further research to try to determine (on my own) what is the cause of this. I have a feeling it has to do with a random number generator + the database working in conjunction. To elaborate, I believe that FUDforum randomly generates a number to create the cookies, and this number gets stored within the FUD database as well; therefore, logging in with an old cookie, even if it is on a different computer, will make FUD think that you need to re-input your username and password. I believe that to be the problem; I am unsure of the solution, however.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Admin Control was deleted by forum?!
Next Topic: Moderator Melee
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 29 00:59:03 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04221 seconds