FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Converters » Trouble Converting from Phorum
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Trouble Converting from Phorum [message #4164] Wed, 17 July 2002 12:49 Go to previous message
Arawak is currently offline  Arawak   Canada

Hi....

I'm in the process of setting up FUD so we can play and hopefully switch over from Phorum. We just switched from PHPBB not that long ago, so another switch would have to be painless to our users or there will be much complaining <grin>.

I dumped the Phorum db and loaded it into a spare database (mysql) and made a copy of the Phorum setting directory with the appropriate changes to reference the new db.

The install went okay, but I'm having problems converting.

--------SNIP----------
Warning: Failed opening '/home/ryansgate/www/forum/include/theme/default/static/glob.inc' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/ryansgate/www/forum/include/core.inc on line 54

query failed: %( DELETE FROM cat )% because %( Table 'phpBB3.cat' doesn't exist )%

--------SNIP----------

The actual problem seems to lie in permissions. FUD is pretty aggressive with permissions and I am basically locked out as all the important directories now belong to the webserver user and group. This is on an ISP's server and I have no root access (makes me feel kinda naked, really) to change permissions.

As a result, I think the script can't get at the MYSQL_TBL_PREFIX and thus can't find the tables it wants.

The file manager is somewhat helpful, but I can't fix the permissions in the settings dir in my home directory with it.

I've seen some else somewhere here mention this permissions trouble.

Any ideas?

Arawak

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message